Foundation raises $130K in a day for tornado recovery efforts
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 10,2013
Tags: charitable giving, college, damage, donate, donatioon, donor, foundation, fundraising, landscape, nonprofit, postsecondaryu education, public university, social media, tornado, tree, university, Weather, wind
HATTIESBURG — In just 24 hours, the University of Southern Mississippi Foundation successfully raised $130,234.46 to support the restoration of the front lawn of the University’s Hattiesburg campus that was heavily damaged by the tornado on February 10.
During the Southern Miss Campus Beautification Day of Giving on May 8, the USM Foundation utilized the University’s social media platforms to encourage alumni, family and friends to make a gift to the Southern Miss Campus Beautification Campaign.
The total amount raised represents 374 gifts from donors in 37 US states and the country of Barbados.
The Foundation will continue to raise money for the Southern Miss Campus Beautification Campaign to assist in funding the $3 million landscape restoration plan. For more information on the campaign or to make a gift, visit www.usmfoundation.com/restore.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus