Foundation raises $130K in a day for tornado recovery efforts
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 10,2013
Tags: charitable giving, college, damage, donate, donatioon, donor, foundation, fundraising, landscape, nonprofit, postsecondaryu education, public university, social media, tornado, tree, university, Weather, wind
HATTIESBURG — In just 24 hours, the University of Southern Mississippi Foundation successfully raised $130,234.46 to support the restoration of the front lawn of the University’s Hattiesburg campus that was heavily damaged by the tornado on February 10.
During the Southern Miss Campus Beautification Day of Giving on May 8, the USM Foundation utilized the University’s social media platforms to encourage alumni, family and friends to make a gift to the Southern Miss Campus Beautification Campaign.
The total amount raised represents 374 gifts from donors in 37 US states and the country of Barbados.
The Foundation will continue to raise money for the Southern Miss Campus Beautification Campaign to assist in funding the $3 million landscape restoration plan. For more information on the campaign or to make a gift, visit www.usmfoundation.com/restore.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss