Foundation raises $130K in a day for tornado recovery efforts
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 10,2013
Tags: charitable giving, college, damage, donate, donatioon, donor, foundation, fundraising, landscape, nonprofit, postsecondaryu education, public university, social media, tornado, tree, university, Weather, wind
HATTIESBURG — In just 24 hours, the University of Southern Mississippi Foundation successfully raised $130,234.46 to support the restoration of the front lawn of the University’s Hattiesburg campus that was heavily damaged by the tornado on February 10.
During the Southern Miss Campus Beautification Day of Giving on May 8, the USM Foundation utilized the University’s social media platforms to encourage alumni, family and friends to make a gift to the Southern Miss Campus Beautification Campaign.
The total amount raised represents 374 gifts from donors in 37 US states and the country of Barbados.
The Foundation will continue to raise money for the Southern Miss Campus Beautification Campaign to assist in funding the $3 million landscape restoration plan. For more information on the campaign or to make a gift, visit www.usmfoundation.com/restore.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House