MDEQ lifts six Coast beach advisories
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 10,2013
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, has lifted six water contact advisories for Coast beaches.
The advisories have been lifted on:
• Station 1 — Lakeshore (from the Silver Slipper to Poinset)
• Station 2 — Buccaneer (near State Park Road)
• Station 3 — Waveland (from Oak Boulevard to Farve Street)
• Station 5 — Pass Christian West (from Fort Henry Avenue to Elliot Street)
• Station 10 — Gulfport Central (Alfonso Drive to Arkansas Avenue)
• Station 10B — East Courthouse (from Courthouse Road to Teagarden Road)
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- State of Louisiana mulling plan for Amtrak route
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Anderson to turn 22 the day he's sworn into Legislature
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Report: MSU fostering economic growth, partnerships
- Schools appealing audit; superintendent calls it 'witch hunt'
- Bryant wants to give hospitals funds to offset health care reform