MDEQ lifts six Coast beach advisories
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 10,2013
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, has lifted six water contact advisories for Coast beaches.
The advisories have been lifted on:
• Station 1 — Lakeshore (from the Silver Slipper to Poinset)
• Station 2 — Buccaneer (near State Park Road)
• Station 3 — Waveland (from Oak Boulevard to Farve Street)
• Station 5 — Pass Christian West (from Fort Henry Avenue to Elliot Street)
• Station 10 — Gulfport Central (Alfonso Drive to Arkansas Avenue)
• Station 10B — East Courthouse (from Courthouse Road to Teagarden Road)
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity