MDEQ lifts six Coast beach advisories
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 10,2013
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, has lifted six water contact advisories for Coast beaches.
The advisories have been lifted on:
• Station 1 — Lakeshore (from the Silver Slipper to Poinset)
• Station 2 — Buccaneer (near State Park Road)
• Station 3 — Waveland (from Oak Boulevard to Farve Street)
• Station 5 — Pass Christian West (from Fort Henry Avenue to Elliot Street)
• Station 10 — Gulfport Central (Alfonso Drive to Arkansas Avenue)
• Station 10B — East Courthouse (from Courthouse Road to Teagarden Road)
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location