MC, Chinese university sign exchange agreement
Published: May 12,2013
CLINTON — Mississippi College and Hubei Polytechnic University in China have agreed to faculty and student exchanges between the two institutions.
The agreement sets up a “2 plus 2 degree” program where a student would spend the first two years at HBPU and the last two years taking classes at MC.
Others would involve Hubei junior faculty sponsored by the Chinese government and the institution. They will come to MC, possibly as early as this fall, to conduct research and teach for either one semester or a year.
In addition, Hubei may send some of its undergraduate students to Mississippi College for one year on its annual non-degree study abroad program.
Academic programs at Hubei include engineering, natural sciences and economics. Hubei Polytechnic University was founded in 1975.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal