Federation president praises lawmakers for Farm Bill effort
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 15,2013
JACKSON — The Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation (MFBF) leadership is commending U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss) and his staff for their diligent work to reach a solid compromise on a Senate Farm Bill package.
Yesterday, the U.S. Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry passed a piece of farm legislation that garnered a 15-5 vote.
MFBF president Randy Knight said, “We want to express our gratitude to Sen. Cochran and his leadership team for working with Chairwoman (Debbie) Stabenow (D-Mich.) to bridge the gap across party and regional lines to develop a bill that is sound for Mississippi farmers and ranchers.
“While we have several more steps in the legislative process, this strong vote will certainly be a big jumpstart to the process.”
Today, the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Agriculture is expected to take up similar action on companion farm legislation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Keeping our eye on: Neal Stephens
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing