Federation president praises lawmakers for Farm Bill effort
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 15,2013
JACKSON — The Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation (MFBF) leadership is commending U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss) and his staff for their diligent work to reach a solid compromise on a Senate Farm Bill package.
Yesterday, the U.S. Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry passed a piece of farm legislation that garnered a 15-5 vote.
MFBF president Randy Knight said, “We want to express our gratitude to Sen. Cochran and his leadership team for working with Chairwoman (Debbie) Stabenow (D-Mich.) to bridge the gap across party and regional lines to develop a bill that is sound for Mississippi farmers and ranchers.
“While we have several more steps in the legislative process, this strong vote will certainly be a big jumpstart to the process.”
Today, the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Agriculture is expected to take up similar action on companion farm legislation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years