Donald Grebner co-authors forestry book
Mississippi State University professor Donald Grebner is the lead author on a new forestry and natural resources textbook. “Introduction to Forestry and Natural Resources” provides a general overview of the forestry and natural resources profession, as well as the history of forestry, landowner objectives, forest disturbances, ecosystem services and urban forestry. Grebner, professor in MSU’s College of Forest Resources, spent three years writing the 508-page book, in collaboration with University of Georgia colleagues Pete Bettinger and Jacek Siry. Grebner has worked at MSU for 14 years and currently teaches courses in forest resource management and international forestry. He obtained his bachelor’s in forestry from the University of Maine, a master’s in forestry from Yale University, a master’s in economics from Virginia Tech and a doctorate in forest economics from Virginia Tech. His areas of research include bio-energy, carbon sequestration and forest protection.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute