Donald Grebner co-authors forestry book
Mississippi State University professor Donald Grebner is the lead author on a new forestry and natural resources textbook. “Introduction to Forestry and Natural Resources” provides a general overview of the forestry and natural resources profession, as well as the history of forestry, landowner objectives, forest disturbances, ecosystem services and urban forestry. Grebner, professor in MSU’s College of Forest Resources, spent three years writing the 508-page book, in collaboration with University of Georgia colleagues Pete Bettinger and Jacek Siry. Grebner has worked at MSU for 14 years and currently teaches courses in forest resource management and international forestry. He obtained his bachelor’s in forestry from the University of Maine, a master’s in forestry from Yale University, a master’s in economics from Virginia Tech and a doctorate in forest economics from Virginia Tech. His areas of research include bio-energy, carbon sequestration and forest protection.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez
- Northrop Grumman begins production of five NATO drones