Donald Grebner co-authors forestry book
Mississippi State University professor Donald Grebner is the lead author on a new forestry and natural resources textbook. “Introduction to Forestry and Natural Resources” provides a general overview of the forestry and natural resources profession, as well as the history of forestry, landowner objectives, forest disturbances, ecosystem services and urban forestry. Grebner, professor in MSU’s College of Forest Resources, spent three years writing the 508-page book, in collaboration with University of Georgia colleagues Pete Bettinger and Jacek Siry. Grebner has worked at MSU for 14 years and currently teaches courses in forest resource management and international forestry. He obtained his bachelor’s in forestry from the University of Maine, a master’s in forestry from Yale University, a master’s in economics from Virginia Tech and a doctorate in forest economics from Virginia Tech. His areas of research include bio-energy, carbon sequestration and forest protection.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma