Donald Grebner co-authors forestry book
Mississippi State University professor Donald Grebner is the lead author on a new forestry and natural resources textbook. “Introduction to Forestry and Natural Resources” provides a general overview of the forestry and natural resources profession, as well as the history of forestry, landowner objectives, forest disturbances, ecosystem services and urban forestry. Grebner, professor in MSU’s College of Forest Resources, spent three years writing the 508-page book, in collaboration with University of Georgia colleagues Pete Bettinger and Jacek Siry. Grebner has worked at MSU for 14 years and currently teaches courses in forest resource management and international forestry. He obtained his bachelor’s in forestry from the University of Maine, a master’s in forestry from Yale University, a master’s in economics from Virginia Tech and a doctorate in forest economics from Virginia Tech. His areas of research include bio-energy, carbon sequestration and forest protection.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training