Air Force base runway project claims a life
Published: May 16,2013
COLUMBUS — A contract worker involved in an accident at Columbus Air Force Base has died from his injuries.
Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant says 24-year-old James Meyers of Columbus was working on a runway project on the base when he was injured.
Merchant says it appears Meyers died from blunt force trauma. Merchant says he died at Baptist Memorial Golden Triangle yesterday afternoon.
Meyers worked for R.C. Construction of Greenwood.
The incident is being investigated.
Columbus Air Force Base officials say Myers was a contract worker on a runway project and not a CAFB employee.
Workers are tearing up and rebuilding almost the entire center runway at the base. The project is expected to be completed in September.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status