Air Force base runway project claims a life
Published: May 16,2013
COLUMBUS — A contract worker involved in an accident at Columbus Air Force Base has died from his injuries.
Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant says 24-year-old James Meyers of Columbus was working on a runway project on the base when he was injured.
Merchant says it appears Meyers died from blunt force trauma. Merchant says he died at Baptist Memorial Golden Triangle yesterday afternoon.
Meyers worked for R.C. Construction of Greenwood.
The incident is being investigated.
Columbus Air Force Base officials say Myers was a contract worker on a runway project and not a CAFB employee.
Workers are tearing up and rebuilding almost the entire center runway at the base. The project is expected to be completed in September.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19