Air Force base runway project claims a life
Published: May 16,2013
COLUMBUS — A contract worker involved in an accident at Columbus Air Force Base has died from his injuries.
Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant says 24-year-old James Meyers of Columbus was working on a runway project on the base when he was injured.
Merchant says it appears Meyers died from blunt force trauma. Merchant says he died at Baptist Memorial Golden Triangle yesterday afternoon.
Meyers worked for R.C. Construction of Greenwood.
The incident is being investigated.
Columbus Air Force Base officials say Myers was a contract worker on a runway project and not a CAFB employee.
Workers are tearing up and rebuilding almost the entire center runway at the base. The project is expected to be completed in September.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete