Air Force base runway project claims a life
Published: May 16,2013
COLUMBUS — A contract worker involved in an accident at Columbus Air Force Base has died from his injuries.
Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant says 24-year-old James Meyers of Columbus was working on a runway project on the base when he was injured.
Merchant says it appears Meyers died from blunt force trauma. Merchant says he died at Baptist Memorial Golden Triangle yesterday afternoon.
Meyers worked for R.C. Construction of Greenwood.
The incident is being investigated.
Columbus Air Force Base officials say Myers was a contract worker on a runway project and not a CAFB employee.
Workers are tearing up and rebuilding almost the entire center runway at the base. The project is expected to be completed in September.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015