Air Force base runway project claims a life
Published: May 16,2013
COLUMBUS — A contract worker involved in an accident at Columbus Air Force Base has died from his injuries.
Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant says 24-year-old James Meyers of Columbus was working on a runway project on the base when he was injured.
Merchant says it appears Meyers died from blunt force trauma. Merchant says he died at Baptist Memorial Golden Triangle yesterday afternoon.
Meyers worked for R.C. Construction of Greenwood.
The incident is being investigated.
Columbus Air Force Base officials say Myers was a contract worker on a runway project and not a CAFB employee.
Workers are tearing up and rebuilding almost the entire center runway at the base. The project is expected to be completed in September.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma