Meat-slicing facility laying off 100 workers
Published: May 16,2013
BOONEVILLE — Plumrose USA has laid off 100 workers at its meat slicing plant in Booneville, Miss.
COO Mike Rozzano tells the Daily Corinthian workers were notified last Friday.
Rozzano says the plant now has about 320 workers. He says business dictated that Plumrose didn’t need as many people in the plant.
Plumrose slices beef, pork and poultry sandwich meats. The meats are processed in Iowa and then brought to Booneville.
Rozzano says the decision should not be interpreted as a sign they have any intention of shuttering the facility.
The company is a processor of high-quality luncheon meats, bacon and deli products for distribution to major retailers such as Albertson’s, Safeway, Winn-Dixie and Walmart. Plumrose is headquartered in East Brunswick, N.J.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur