Meat-slicing facility laying off 100 workers
Published: May 16,2013
BOONEVILLE — Plumrose USA has laid off 100 workers at its meat slicing plant in Booneville, Miss.
COO Mike Rozzano tells the Daily Corinthian workers were notified last Friday.
Rozzano says the plant now has about 320 workers. He says business dictated that Plumrose didn’t need as many people in the plant.
Plumrose slices beef, pork and poultry sandwich meats. The meats are processed in Iowa and then brought to Booneville.
Rozzano says the decision should not be interpreted as a sign they have any intention of shuttering the facility.
The company is a processor of high-quality luncheon meats, bacon and deli products for distribution to major retailers such as Albertson’s, Safeway, Winn-Dixie and Walmart. Plumrose is headquartered in East Brunswick, N.J.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money