Meat-slicing facility laying off 100 workers
Published: May 16,2013
BOONEVILLE — Plumrose USA has laid off 100 workers at its meat slicing plant in Booneville, Miss.
COO Mike Rozzano tells the Daily Corinthian workers were notified last Friday.
Rozzano says the plant now has about 320 workers. He says business dictated that Plumrose didn’t need as many people in the plant.
Plumrose slices beef, pork and poultry sandwich meats. The meats are processed in Iowa and then brought to Booneville.
Rozzano says the decision should not be interpreted as a sign they have any intention of shuttering the facility.
The company is a processor of high-quality luncheon meats, bacon and deli products for distribution to major retailers such as Albertson’s, Safeway, Winn-Dixie and Walmart. Plumrose is headquartered in East Brunswick, N.J.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey