Meat-slicing facility laying off 100 workers
Published: May 16,2013
BOONEVILLE — Plumrose USA has laid off 100 workers at its meat slicing plant in Booneville, Miss.
COO Mike Rozzano tells the Daily Corinthian workers were notified last Friday.
Rozzano says the plant now has about 320 workers. He says business dictated that Plumrose didn’t need as many people in the plant.
Plumrose slices beef, pork and poultry sandwich meats. The meats are processed in Iowa and then brought to Booneville.
Rozzano says the decision should not be interpreted as a sign they have any intention of shuttering the facility.
The company is a processor of high-quality luncheon meats, bacon and deli products for distribution to major retailers such as Albertson’s, Safeway, Winn-Dixie and Walmart. Plumrose is headquartered in East Brunswick, N.J.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image