Ryan Beckett appointed state tort claims chairman
Butler, Snow, O’Mara, Stevens & Cannada, PLLC attorney Ryan Beckett has been appointed by Gov. Phil Bryant and confirmed by the Mississippi Senate as chairman of the Mississippi Tort Claims Board. Beckett is a member of the firm’s Commercial Litigation Group and Energy Industry Team, focusing on several realms of litigation, including energy, elections and governmental, antitrust, consumer protection, banking and consumer lending and more. Beckett has been named a Mid-South Super Lawyers Rising Star in the area of business litigation, one of the “Top 40 under 40” by the Mississippi Business Journal, and is AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell, among other distinctions. He holds a bachelor’s degree in economics from Millsaps College and a J.D. from the University of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal