Ryan Beckett appointed state tort claims chairman
Butler, Snow, O’Mara, Stevens & Cannada, PLLC attorney Ryan Beckett has been appointed by Gov. Phil Bryant and confirmed by the Mississippi Senate as chairman of the Mississippi Tort Claims Board. Beckett is a member of the firm’s Commercial Litigation Group and Energy Industry Team, focusing on several realms of litigation, including energy, elections and governmental, antitrust, consumer protection, banking and consumer lending and more. Beckett has been named a Mid-South Super Lawyers Rising Star in the area of business litigation, one of the “Top 40 under 40” by the Mississippi Business Journal, and is AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell, among other distinctions. He holds a bachelor’s degree in economics from Millsaps College and a J.D. from the University of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- MDOT commissioner: National group gets it ‘backwards’ on state’s spending on bridge upkeep
- With S&P suit settled, Mississippi set to take on Moody’s over flawed investment ratings
- LOUANN LOFTON: A book of maps for lovers of New Orleans
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- BEN WILLIAMS AND MOLLY JEFFCOAT: Title certificates, reports, commitments & policies: The difference may be your job!
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm