Ryan Beckett appointed state tort claims chairman
Butler, Snow, O’Mara, Stevens & Cannada, PLLC attorney Ryan Beckett has been appointed by Gov. Phil Bryant and confirmed by the Mississippi Senate as chairman of the Mississippi Tort Claims Board. Beckett is a member of the firm’s Commercial Litigation Group and Energy Industry Team, focusing on several realms of litigation, including energy, elections and governmental, antitrust, consumer protection, banking and consumer lending and more. Beckett has been named a Mid-South Super Lawyers Rising Star in the area of business litigation, one of the “Top 40 under 40” by the Mississippi Business Journal, and is AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell, among other distinctions. He holds a bachelor’s degree in economics from Millsaps College and a J.D. from the University of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player