Ryan Beckett appointed state tort claims chairman
Butler, Snow, O’Mara, Stevens & Cannada, PLLC attorney Ryan Beckett has been appointed by Gov. Phil Bryant and confirmed by the Mississippi Senate as chairman of the Mississippi Tort Claims Board. Beckett is a member of the firm’s Commercial Litigation Group and Energy Industry Team, focusing on several realms of litigation, including energy, elections and governmental, antitrust, consumer protection, banking and consumer lending and more. Beckett has been named a Mid-South Super Lawyers Rising Star in the area of business litigation, one of the “Top 40 under 40” by the Mississippi Business Journal, and is AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell, among other distinctions. He holds a bachelor’s degree in economics from Millsaps College and a J.D. from the University of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House