Steven Blake Adams joins Phelps Dunbar
Mississippi attorney Steven Blake Adams has joined Phelps Dunbar’s Tupelo office as an associate within the firm’s health care practice, representing hospitals, physicians, managed care organizations and other health care providers in Mississippi and throughout the Southeast. With other health care attorneys in Phelps Dunbar’s Tupelo and Jackson offices, Adams provides counsel on corporate, tax, and regulatory matters, including Medicare and Medicaid payment issues, Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) requirements and other employee benefit matters, business formation and acquisition, contractual arrangements, tax exemptions and more.
Adams comes to Phelps Dunbar after holding two high-profile clerkships in Mississippi courts. He served as a law clerk to U.S. District Court Judge Sharion Aycock of the Northern District of Mississippi until joining Phelps Dunbar and served as a law clerk to Justice Jess Dickinson of the Supreme Court of Mississippi after completing law school in 2009. Adams received his J.D., summa cum laude, from the University of Mississippi School of Law in 2009. He attended Mississippi State University for his undergraduate studies, and received his B.B.A., summa cum laude, in business information systems in 2005.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination