Steven Blake Adams joins Phelps Dunbar
Mississippi attorney Steven Blake Adams has joined Phelps Dunbar’s Tupelo office as an associate within the firm’s health care practice, representing hospitals, physicians, managed care organizations and other health care providers in Mississippi and throughout the Southeast. With other health care attorneys in Phelps Dunbar’s Tupelo and Jackson offices, Adams provides counsel on corporate, tax, and regulatory matters, including Medicare and Medicaid payment issues, Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) requirements and other employee benefit matters, business formation and acquisition, contractual arrangements, tax exemptions and more.
Adams comes to Phelps Dunbar after holding two high-profile clerkships in Mississippi courts. He served as a law clerk to U.S. District Court Judge Sharion Aycock of the Northern District of Mississippi until joining Phelps Dunbar and served as a law clerk to Justice Jess Dickinson of the Supreme Court of Mississippi after completing law school in 2009. Adams received his J.D., summa cum laude, from the University of Mississippi School of Law in 2009. He attended Mississippi State University for his undergraduate studies, and received his B.B.A., summa cum laude, in business information systems in 2005.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- News The Way You Want It!