Corps of Engineers picks Tom Shaw
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Vicksburg District recently appointed Tom Shaw as the new chief of Flood Control and Hydropower Section in the Project Resource Management Branch. Shaw will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of over 1,400 miles of levees and multiple flood control projects on the Mississippi River levee system in Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi. His section is also responsible for the operation and maintenance of flood control projects on the Red River system, Ouachita River system, Yazoo River basin and Beauf-Tensas River basin. Shaw’s previous position was a project manager in the Planning, Programs and Projects Management division. He received his bachelors and masters degrees in mechanical engineering from Mississippi State University. He is a registered professional engineer and holds a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) accreditation and is project management professional (PMP) certified. He is a native of Lucedale and is married to the former Becky Emerson of Vicksburg. They have two daughters and reside in Clinton.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet