Corps of Engineers picks Tom Shaw
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Vicksburg District recently appointed Tom Shaw as the new chief of Flood Control and Hydropower Section in the Project Resource Management Branch. Shaw will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of over 1,400 miles of levees and multiple flood control projects on the Mississippi River levee system in Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi. His section is also responsible for the operation and maintenance of flood control projects on the Red River system, Ouachita River system, Yazoo River basin and Beauf-Tensas River basin. Shaw’s previous position was a project manager in the Planning, Programs and Projects Management division. He received his bachelors and masters degrees in mechanical engineering from Mississippi State University. He is a registered professional engineer and holds a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) accreditation and is project management professional (PMP) certified. He is a native of Lucedale and is married to the former Becky Emerson of Vicksburg. They have two daughters and reside in Clinton.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot