Corps of Engineers picks Tom Shaw
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Vicksburg District recently appointed Tom Shaw as the new chief of Flood Control and Hydropower Section in the Project Resource Management Branch. Shaw will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of over 1,400 miles of levees and multiple flood control projects on the Mississippi River levee system in Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi. His section is also responsible for the operation and maintenance of flood control projects on the Red River system, Ouachita River system, Yazoo River basin and Beauf-Tensas River basin. Shaw’s previous position was a project manager in the Planning, Programs and Projects Management division. He received his bachelors and masters degrees in mechanical engineering from Mississippi State University. He is a registered professional engineer and holds a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) accreditation and is project management professional (PMP) certified. He is a native of Lucedale and is married to the former Becky Emerson of Vicksburg. They have two daughters and reside in Clinton.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast