Corps of Engineers picks Tom Shaw
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Vicksburg District recently appointed Tom Shaw as the new chief of Flood Control and Hydropower Section in the Project Resource Management Branch. Shaw will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of over 1,400 miles of levees and multiple flood control projects on the Mississippi River levee system in Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi. His section is also responsible for the operation and maintenance of flood control projects on the Red River system, Ouachita River system, Yazoo River basin and Beauf-Tensas River basin. Shaw’s previous position was a project manager in the Planning, Programs and Projects Management division. He received his bachelors and masters degrees in mechanical engineering from Mississippi State University. He is a registered professional engineer and holds a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) accreditation and is project management professional (PMP) certified. He is a native of Lucedale and is married to the former Becky Emerson of Vicksburg. They have two daughters and reside in Clinton.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center