Corps of Engineers picks Tom Shaw
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Vicksburg District recently appointed Tom Shaw as the new chief of Flood Control and Hydropower Section in the Project Resource Management Branch. Shaw will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of over 1,400 miles of levees and multiple flood control projects on the Mississippi River levee system in Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi. His section is also responsible for the operation and maintenance of flood control projects on the Red River system, Ouachita River system, Yazoo River basin and Beauf-Tensas River basin. Shaw’s previous position was a project manager in the Planning, Programs and Projects Management division. He received his bachelors and masters degrees in mechanical engineering from Mississippi State University. He is a registered professional engineer and holds a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) accreditation and is project management professional (PMP) certified. He is a native of Lucedale and is married to the former Becky Emerson of Vicksburg. They have two daughters and reside in Clinton.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K