Delta State honors Chip Morgan
Delta Council executive vice president Chip Morgan was bestowed with one of Delta State University’s highest honors — an honorary doctor of public service degree. A native of Oxford, Morgan graduated from Oxford High School in 1969 and earned a B.A. in public administration from University of Mississippi in 1974. Morgan was named executive vice president of Delta Council in 1982 and is one of only two individuals to have served as the chief executive of the 65-year-old organization. Prior to this position, Morgan served for seven years as director of the Industrial and Community Department of Delta Council.
Morgan resides in Leland. He is married to the former Connie Rodgers of Belzoni and they have two children and three grandchildren.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- BILL CRAWFORD: Keep schools free from preventable diseases
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast