Delta State honors Chip Morgan
Delta Council executive vice president Chip Morgan was bestowed with one of Delta State University’s highest honors — an honorary doctor of public service degree. A native of Oxford, Morgan graduated from Oxford High School in 1969 and earned a B.A. in public administration from University of Mississippi in 1974. Morgan was named executive vice president of Delta Council in 1982 and is one of only two individuals to have served as the chief executive of the 65-year-old organization. Prior to this position, Morgan served for seven years as director of the Industrial and Community Department of Delta Council.
Morgan resides in Leland. He is married to the former Connie Rodgers of Belzoni and they have two children and three grandchildren.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast