Delta State honors Chip Morgan
Delta Council executive vice president Chip Morgan was bestowed with one of Delta State University’s highest honors — an honorary doctor of public service degree. A native of Oxford, Morgan graduated from Oxford High School in 1969 and earned a B.A. in public administration from University of Mississippi in 1974. Morgan was named executive vice president of Delta Council in 1982 and is one of only two individuals to have served as the chief executive of the 65-year-old organization. Prior to this position, Morgan served for seven years as director of the Industrial and Community Department of Delta Council.
Morgan resides in Leland. He is married to the former Connie Rodgers of Belzoni and they have two children and three grandchildren.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation