Delta State honors Chip Morgan
Delta Council executive vice president Chip Morgan was bestowed with one of Delta State University’s highest honors — an honorary doctor of public service degree. A native of Oxford, Morgan graduated from Oxford High School in 1969 and earned a B.A. in public administration from University of Mississippi in 1974. Morgan was named executive vice president of Delta Council in 1982 and is one of only two individuals to have served as the chief executive of the 65-year-old organization. Prior to this position, Morgan served for seven years as director of the Industrial and Community Department of Delta Council.
Morgan resides in Leland. He is married to the former Connie Rodgers of Belzoni and they have two children and three grandchildren.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program