John Fletcher joins Jones Walker
John F. Fletcher, a tax attorney at General Electric, has joined Jones Walker LLP as a partner in the Tax and Estates Practice Group and as a member of the firm’s State and Local Tax (SALT) team. With more than 20 years’ experience in the legal, corporate, and accounting arenas, John’s practice focuses on state tax controversies and incentives, which encompass multi-state income, franchise, sales, use, and local ad valorem taxes. He will work primarily on multi-state SALT matters involving legislative and administrative issues, planning, and dispute resolution. Fletcher, who will be resident in the firm’s Jackson office, also will work with other practice groups and teams on economic development and business incentive projects. Fletcher comes to the firm from General Electric, where he was state tax counsel and oversaw many of GE’s state income and franchise tax audits and appeals across the country. Earlier in his career, he was a member of KPMG’s state and local tax practice in New York City while pursuing an LL.M. in taxation at New York University. Fletcher earned his bachelor of business administration in accounting from Delta State University, where he currently serves on the Alumni Association board of directors, and his juris doctor degree at the University of Mississippi School of Law. He is also a certified public accountant (inactive) in Tennessee, a member of the American Bar Association’s State and Local Tax Subcommittee and a member of the Council on State Taxation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “John Fletcher joins Jones Walker”
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training