John Fletcher joins Jones Walker
John F. Fletcher, a tax attorney at General Electric, has joined Jones Walker LLP as a partner in the Tax and Estates Practice Group and as a member of the firm’s State and Local Tax (SALT) team. With more than 20 years’ experience in the legal, corporate, and accounting arenas, John’s practice focuses on state tax controversies and incentives, which encompass multi-state income, franchise, sales, use, and local ad valorem taxes. He will work primarily on multi-state SALT matters involving legislative and administrative issues, planning, and dispute resolution. Fletcher, who will be resident in the firm’s Jackson office, also will work with other practice groups and teams on economic development and business incentive projects. Fletcher comes to the firm from General Electric, where he was state tax counsel and oversaw many of GE’s state income and franchise tax audits and appeals across the country. Earlier in his career, he was a member of KPMG’s state and local tax practice in New York City while pursuing an LL.M. in taxation at New York University. Fletcher earned his bachelor of business administration in accounting from Delta State University, where he currently serves on the Alumni Association board of directors, and his juris doctor degree at the University of Mississippi School of Law. He is also a certified public accountant (inactive) in Tennessee, a member of the American Bar Association’s State and Local Tax Subcommittee and a member of the Council on State Taxation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “John Fletcher joins Jones Walker”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip