John Fletcher joins Jones Walker
John F. Fletcher, a tax attorney at General Electric, has joined Jones Walker LLP as a partner in the Tax and Estates Practice Group and as a member of the firm’s State and Local Tax (SALT) team. With more than 20 years’ experience in the legal, corporate, and accounting arenas, John’s practice focuses on state tax controversies and incentives, which encompass multi-state income, franchise, sales, use, and local ad valorem taxes. He will work primarily on multi-state SALT matters involving legislative and administrative issues, planning, and dispute resolution. Fletcher, who will be resident in the firm’s Jackson office, also will work with other practice groups and teams on economic development and business incentive projects. Fletcher comes to the firm from General Electric, where he was state tax counsel and oversaw many of GE’s state income and franchise tax audits and appeals across the country. Earlier in his career, he was a member of KPMG’s state and local tax practice in New York City while pursuing an LL.M. in taxation at New York University. Fletcher earned his bachelor of business administration in accounting from Delta State University, where he currently serves on the Alumni Association board of directors, and his juris doctor degree at the University of Mississippi School of Law. He is also a certified public accountant (inactive) in Tennessee, a member of the American Bar Association’s State and Local Tax Subcommittee and a member of the Council on State Taxation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “John Fletcher joins Jones Walker”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job