Marine Resources brings in Kelly Lucas
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 17,2013
Kelly Lucas, Ph.D., has joined the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (MDMR) as chief scientific officer. Lucas is a Mississippi Gulf Coast native and holds a doctorate degree in coastal science from the University of Southern Mississippi, a MBA from University of Alabama Birmingham and a bachelor of science degree in microbiology from Mississippi State University. She has most recently worked as deputy director of the University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Coast Geospatial Center at Stennis Space Center. Lucas has written and co-authored numerous scientific publications and presentations and has been instrumental in securing grant funding for regional geospatial modeling.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money