Marine Resources brings in Kelly Lucas
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 17,2013
Kelly Lucas, Ph.D., has joined the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (MDMR) as chief scientific officer. Lucas is a Mississippi Gulf Coast native and holds a doctorate degree in coastal science from the University of Southern Mississippi, a MBA from University of Alabama Birmingham and a bachelor of science degree in microbiology from Mississippi State University. She has most recently worked as deputy director of the University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Coast Geospatial Center at Stennis Space Center. Lucas has written and co-authored numerous scientific publications and presentations and has been instrumental in securing grant funding for regional geospatial modeling.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces