Marine Resources brings in Kelly Lucas
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 17,2013
Kelly Lucas, Ph.D., has joined the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (MDMR) as chief scientific officer. Lucas is a Mississippi Gulf Coast native and holds a doctorate degree in coastal science from the University of Southern Mississippi, a MBA from University of Alabama Birmingham and a bachelor of science degree in microbiology from Mississippi State University. She has most recently worked as deputy director of the University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Coast Geospatial Center at Stennis Space Center. Lucas has written and co-authored numerous scientific publications and presentations and has been instrumental in securing grant funding for regional geospatial modeling.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county