Marine Resources brings in Kelly Lucas
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 17,2013
Kelly Lucas, Ph.D., has joined the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (MDMR) as chief scientific officer. Lucas is a Mississippi Gulf Coast native and holds a doctorate degree in coastal science from the University of Southern Mississippi, a MBA from University of Alabama Birmingham and a bachelor of science degree in microbiology from Mississippi State University. She has most recently worked as deputy director of the University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Coast Geospatial Center at Stennis Space Center. Lucas has written and co-authored numerous scientific publications and presentations and has been instrumental in securing grant funding for regional geospatial modeling.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- USM staffers Olivia Hurst and Catherine Lott recognized by Public Relations Association of Mississippi