Marine Resources brings in Kelly Lucas
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 17,2013
Kelly Lucas, Ph.D., has joined the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (MDMR) as chief scientific officer. Lucas is a Mississippi Gulf Coast native and holds a doctorate degree in coastal science from the University of Southern Mississippi, a MBA from University of Alabama Birmingham and a bachelor of science degree in microbiology from Mississippi State University. She has most recently worked as deputy director of the University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Coast Geospatial Center at Stennis Space Center. Lucas has written and co-authored numerous scientific publications and presentations and has been instrumental in securing grant funding for regional geospatial modeling.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges