Steve Puryear earns “Black Belt” engineering certification
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 17,2013
Analyst Steve Puryear of Mississippi State University’s Canton-based Center for Advanced Vehicular Systems Extension recently was certified as a full Innovation Engineering Black Belt. In addition to being a first for the state, the achievement makes him one of only 50 in the nation to hold the highly sought designation.
According to www.InnovationEngineering.org, Black Belt candidates must lead a series of field projects and pass a multi-part examination. The platform is designed to transform innovation from a random event to a reliable and scientific system that companies may deploy for profitable growth.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love