Steve Puryear earns “Black Belt” engineering certification
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 17,2013
Analyst Steve Puryear of Mississippi State University’s Canton-based Center for Advanced Vehicular Systems Extension recently was certified as a full Innovation Engineering Black Belt. In addition to being a first for the state, the achievement makes him one of only 50 in the nation to hold the highly sought designation.
According to www.InnovationEngineering.org, Black Belt candidates must lead a series of field projects and pass a multi-part examination. The platform is designed to transform innovation from a random event to a reliable and scientific system that companies may deploy for profitable growth.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015