Steve Puryear earns “Black Belt” engineering certification
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 17,2013
Analyst Steve Puryear of Mississippi State University’s Canton-based Center for Advanced Vehicular Systems Extension recently was certified as a full Innovation Engineering Black Belt. In addition to being a first for the state, the achievement makes him one of only 50 in the nation to hold the highly sought designation.
According to www.InnovationEngineering.org, Black Belt candidates must lead a series of field projects and pass a multi-part examination. The platform is designed to transform innovation from a random event to a reliable and scientific system that companies may deploy for profitable growth.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building