Steve Puryear earns “Black Belt” engineering certification
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 17,2013
Analyst Steve Puryear of Mississippi State University’s Canton-based Center for Advanced Vehicular Systems Extension recently was certified as a full Innovation Engineering Black Belt. In addition to being a first for the state, the achievement makes him one of only 50 in the nation to hold the highly sought designation.
According to www.InnovationEngineering.org, Black Belt candidates must lead a series of field projects and pass a multi-part examination. The platform is designed to transform innovation from a random event to a reliable and scientific system that companies may deploy for profitable growth.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow