Shipbuilder gets massive floating dock as part of expansion
Published: May 17,2013
PASCAGOULA — A 12,000-metric-ton floating dry dock has arrived at VT Halter Marine’s south yard in Pascagoula.
Bill Skinner, CEO of VT Halter Marine, says in a news release that the dry dock is part of an overall expansion at the south yard. VT Halter Marine is adding a repair facility for semi-submersible drilling rigs and Panamax-size ships at the south yard.
Skinner says VT Halter Marine expects to double its customer base for ship repair business. It expects to add 400 new jobs.
Plans for the expansion include machine shops, electrical shops and the new dry dock.
VT Halter Marine will now have a similar business model as its counterpart in Singapore, ST Marine, having both new-build and repair capabilities.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- BREAKING: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him