Shipbuilder gets massive floating dock as part of expansion
by Associated Press
Published: May 17,2013
PASCAGOULA — A 12,000-metric-ton floating dry dock has arrived at VT Halter Marine’s south yard in Pascagoula.
Bill Skinner, CEO of VT Halter Marine, says in a news release that the dry dock is part of an overall expansion at the south yard. VT Halter Marine is adding a repair facility for semi-submersible drilling rigs and Panamax-size ships at the south yard.
Skinner says VT Halter Marine expects to double its customer base for ship repair business. It expects to add 400 new jobs.
Plans for the expansion include machine shops, electrical shops and the new dry dock.
VT Halter Marine will now have a similar business model as its counterpart in Singapore, ST Marine, having both new-build and repair capabilities.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years