Shipbuilder gets massive floating dock as part of expansion
by Associated Press
Published: May 17,2013
PASCAGOULA — A 12,000-metric-ton floating dry dock has arrived at VT Halter Marine’s south yard in Pascagoula.
Bill Skinner, CEO of VT Halter Marine, says in a news release that the dry dock is part of an overall expansion at the south yard. VT Halter Marine is adding a repair facility for semi-submersible drilling rigs and Panamax-size ships at the south yard.
Skinner says VT Halter Marine expects to double its customer base for ship repair business. It expects to add 400 new jobs.
Plans for the expansion include machine shops, electrical shops and the new dry dock.
VT Halter Marine will now have a similar business model as its counterpart in Singapore, ST Marine, having both new-build and repair capabilities.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!