Shipbuilder gets massive floating dock as part of expansion
Published: May 17,2013
PASCAGOULA — A 12,000-metric-ton floating dry dock has arrived at VT Halter Marine’s south yard in Pascagoula.
Bill Skinner, CEO of VT Halter Marine, says in a news release that the dry dock is part of an overall expansion at the south yard. VT Halter Marine is adding a repair facility for semi-submersible drilling rigs and Panamax-size ships at the south yard.
Skinner says VT Halter Marine expects to double its customer base for ship repair business. It expects to add 400 new jobs.
Plans for the expansion include machine shops, electrical shops and the new dry dock.
VT Halter Marine will now have a similar business model as its counterpart in Singapore, ST Marine, having both new-build and repair capabilities.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion