Shipbuilder gets massive floating dock as part of expansion
Published: May 17,2013
PASCAGOULA — A 12,000-metric-ton floating dry dock has arrived at VT Halter Marine’s south yard in Pascagoula.
Bill Skinner, CEO of VT Halter Marine, says in a news release that the dry dock is part of an overall expansion at the south yard. VT Halter Marine is adding a repair facility for semi-submersible drilling rigs and Panamax-size ships at the south yard.
Skinner says VT Halter Marine expects to double its customer base for ship repair business. It expects to add 400 new jobs.
Plans for the expansion include machine shops, electrical shops and the new dry dock.
VT Halter Marine will now have a similar business model as its counterpart in Singapore, ST Marine, having both new-build and repair capabilities.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill