Genesis Energy doubling capacity, adding workers
Published: May 22,2013
NATCHEZ — Genesis Energy plans to more than double its railcar capacity at its terminal in the Natchez-Adams County Port.
The Natchez Democrat reports the expansion will create approximately 20 new jobs, including 15 equipment operators and five professional staff.
The announcement comes as the company finalized its first phase — which includes 40 railcar spots — in Natchez. That phase is scheduled to be completed in June, while company officials said the second phase — which will add 60 more railcar spots and additional heated tanks — is expected to be open and operating toward the end of the year.
Genesis Energy’s Natchez terminal is for the loading and unloading of bitumen products that have been shipped by rail from Canada.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison