Genesis Energy doubling capacity, adding workers
Published: May 22,2013
NATCHEZ — Genesis Energy plans to more than double its railcar capacity at its terminal in the Natchez-Adams County Port.
The Natchez Democrat reports the expansion will create approximately 20 new jobs, including 15 equipment operators and five professional staff.
The announcement comes as the company finalized its first phase — which includes 40 railcar spots — in Natchez. That phase is scheduled to be completed in June, while company officials said the second phase — which will add 60 more railcar spots and additional heated tanks — is expected to be open and operating toward the end of the year.
Genesis Energy’s Natchez terminal is for the loading and unloading of bitumen products that have been shipped by rail from Canada.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Firm adds Brian T. Alexander
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices