Genesis Energy doubling capacity, adding workers
Published: May 22,2013
NATCHEZ — Genesis Energy plans to more than double its railcar capacity at its terminal in the Natchez-Adams County Port.
The Natchez Democrat reports the expansion will create approximately 20 new jobs, including 15 equipment operators and five professional staff.
The announcement comes as the company finalized its first phase — which includes 40 railcar spots — in Natchez. That phase is scheduled to be completed in June, while company officials said the second phase — which will add 60 more railcar spots and additional heated tanks — is expected to be open and operating toward the end of the year.
Genesis Energy’s Natchez terminal is for the loading and unloading of bitumen products that have been shipped by rail from Canada.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says