Genesis Energy doubling capacity, adding workers
by Associated Press
Published: May 22,2013
NATCHEZ — Genesis Energy plans to more than double its railcar capacity at its terminal in the Natchez-Adams County Port.
The Natchez Democrat reports the expansion will create approximately 20 new jobs, including 15 equipment operators and five professional staff.
The announcement comes as the company finalized its first phase — which includes 40 railcar spots — in Natchez. That phase is scheduled to be completed in June, while company officials said the second phase — which will add 60 more railcar spots and additional heated tanks — is expected to be open and operating toward the end of the year.
Genesis Energy’s Natchez terminal is for the loading and unloading of bitumen products that have been shipped by rail from Canada.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years