Genesis Energy doubling capacity, adding workers
Published: May 22,2013
NATCHEZ — Genesis Energy plans to more than double its railcar capacity at its terminal in the Natchez-Adams County Port.
The Natchez Democrat reports the expansion will create approximately 20 new jobs, including 15 equipment operators and five professional staff.
The announcement comes as the company finalized its first phase — which includes 40 railcar spots — in Natchez. That phase is scheduled to be completed in June, while company officials said the second phase — which will add 60 more railcar spots and additional heated tanks — is expected to be open and operating toward the end of the year.
Genesis Energy’s Natchez terminal is for the loading and unloading of bitumen products that have been shipped by rail from Canada.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Scientists seeing more invasive trapjaw ants on Coast
- Trop Greenville ahead of schedule on significant expansion
- Judge rules for Fish and Wildlife Service in frog habitat case
- Diamondhead Casino Corporation wins site approval