GLOBE: FBI agent fatally shoots man with reported ties to Boston Marathon bomber
ORLANDO, Fla. — A man was fatally shot when a team of FBI agents swarmed an apartment complex near Universal Studios in Orlando. The man, identified by an FBI spokesman as Ibragim Todashev, was being interviewed about his ties to alleged Boston bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev, according to The New York Times.
The shooting happened early Wednesday.
“We are currently responding to a shooting incident involving an FBI special agent,” FBI spokesman Dave Couvertier said in an earlier statement. “The incident occurred in Orlando Florida. The agent encountered the suspect while conducting official duties. The suspect is deceased.”
No further details were released, but the agency says an update is expected later Wednesday.
Material from The New York Times and The Boston Globe was used in this report.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions