GLOBE: FBI agent fatally shoots man with reported ties to Boston Marathon bomber
ORLANDO, Fla. — A man was fatally shot when a team of FBI agents swarmed an apartment complex near Universal Studios in Orlando. The man, identified by an FBI spokesman as Ibragim Todashev, was being interviewed about his ties to alleged Boston bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev, according to The New York Times.
The shooting happened early Wednesday.
“We are currently responding to a shooting incident involving an FBI special agent,” FBI spokesman Dave Couvertier said in an earlier statement. “The incident occurred in Orlando Florida. The agent encountered the suspect while conducting official duties. The suspect is deceased.”
No further details were released, but the agency says an update is expected later Wednesday.
Material from The New York Times and The Boston Globe was used in this report.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- State of Louisiana mulling plan for Amtrak route
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term