GLOBE: FBI agent fatally shoots man with reported ties to Boston Marathon bomber
ORLANDO, Fla. — A man was fatally shot when a team of FBI agents swarmed an apartment complex near Universal Studios in Orlando. The man, identified by an FBI spokesman as Ibragim Todashev, was being interviewed about his ties to alleged Boston bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev, according to The New York Times.
The shooting happened early Wednesday.
“We are currently responding to a shooting incident involving an FBI special agent,” FBI spokesman Dave Couvertier said in an earlier statement. “The incident occurred in Orlando Florida. The agent encountered the suspect while conducting official duties. The suspect is deceased.”
No further details were released, but the agency says an update is expected later Wednesday.
Material from The New York Times and The Boston Globe was used in this report.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- The link between education and economic development
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Expeditors working out logistics to open Jackson office next month