GLOBE: FBI agent fatally shoots man with reported ties to Boston Marathon bomber
ORLANDO, Fla. — A man was fatally shot when a team of FBI agents swarmed an apartment complex near Universal Studios in Orlando. The man, identified by an FBI spokesman as Ibragim Todashev, was being interviewed about his ties to alleged Boston bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev, according to The New York Times.
The shooting happened early Wednesday.
“We are currently responding to a shooting incident involving an FBI special agent,” FBI spokesman Dave Couvertier said in an earlier statement. “The incident occurred in Orlando Florida. The agent encountered the suspect while conducting official duties. The suspect is deceased.”
No further details were released, but the agency says an update is expected later Wednesday.
Material from The New York Times and The Boston Globe was used in this report.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma