GLOBE: FBI agent fatally shoots man with reported ties to Boston Marathon bomber
ORLANDO, Fla. — A man was fatally shot when a team of FBI agents swarmed an apartment complex near Universal Studios in Orlando. The man, identified by an FBI spokesman as Ibragim Todashev, was being interviewed about his ties to alleged Boston bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev, according to The New York Times.
The shooting happened early Wednesday.
“We are currently responding to a shooting incident involving an FBI special agent,” FBI spokesman Dave Couvertier said in an earlier statement. “The incident occurred in Orlando Florida. The agent encountered the suspect while conducting official duties. The suspect is deceased.”
No further details were released, but the agency says an update is expected later Wednesday.
Material from The New York Times and The Boston Globe was used in this report.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Inspectors find 'hot work' was cause of fatal explosion at fish plant
- Ground broken for new Hattiesburg Clinic facility