USM brings in Douglas Vinzant
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 24,2013
Longtime higher education administrator Dr. Douglas Vinzant has been named the new vice president for finance and administration at the University of Southern Mississippi. His appointment was pending before the State Institutions of Higher Learning board at press time. Vinzant comes to Southern Miss after serving as vice president for finance and administration at St. Cloud University in Minnesota. He takes over for Dr. Tom Estes, who has served in an interim capacity for the past year. Vinzant, a Raymond native, received his undergraduate degree in political science at Mississippi College. He earned his master of public administration and doctor of public administration degrees from the University of Southern California. Vinzant points out that the opportunity to live and work again in his home state fits perfectly at this stage of his career. Before joining the administrative staff at St. Cloud University, Vinzant worked as vice president for administration at the University of Wyoming; senior associate vice president for planning and administration at the University of Illinois; director of strategic planning & policy analysis at Arizona State University; and, associate vice president and assistant professor at Eastern Washington University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma