USM brings in Douglas Vinzant
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 24,2013
Longtime higher education administrator Dr. Douglas Vinzant has been named the new vice president for finance and administration at the University of Southern Mississippi. His appointment was pending before the State Institutions of Higher Learning board at press time. Vinzant comes to Southern Miss after serving as vice president for finance and administration at St. Cloud University in Minnesota. He takes over for Dr. Tom Estes, who has served in an interim capacity for the past year. Vinzant, a Raymond native, received his undergraduate degree in political science at Mississippi College. He earned his master of public administration and doctor of public administration degrees from the University of Southern California. Vinzant points out that the opportunity to live and work again in his home state fits perfectly at this stage of his career. Before joining the administrative staff at St. Cloud University, Vinzant worked as vice president for administration at the University of Wyoming; senior associate vice president for planning and administration at the University of Illinois; director of strategic planning & policy analysis at Arizona State University; and, associate vice president and assistant professor at Eastern Washington University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist