USM brings in Douglas Vinzant
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 24,2013
Longtime higher education administrator Dr. Douglas Vinzant has been named the new vice president for finance and administration at the University of Southern Mississippi. His appointment was pending before the State Institutions of Higher Learning board at press time. Vinzant comes to Southern Miss after serving as vice president for finance and administration at St. Cloud University in Minnesota. He takes over for Dr. Tom Estes, who has served in an interim capacity for the past year. Vinzant, a Raymond native, received his undergraduate degree in political science at Mississippi College. He earned his master of public administration and doctor of public administration degrees from the University of Southern California. Vinzant points out that the opportunity to live and work again in his home state fits perfectly at this stage of his career. Before joining the administrative staff at St. Cloud University, Vinzant worked as vice president for administration at the University of Wyoming; senior associate vice president for planning and administration at the University of Illinois; director of strategic planning & policy analysis at Arizona State University; and, associate vice president and assistant professor at Eastern Washington University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability