Hospital to build new medical office complex
Published: May 27,2013
VICKSBURG, Miss. (AP) — River Region Medical Center will construct a new building at its U.S. Highway 61 North location to house services currently offered at The Street Clinic.
The Vicksburg Post reports River Region CEO Doug Sills told a civic club this past week that the new medical office building is expected to open in October of 2014.
He says no decision has been made on what will have to the clinic building.
Construction is to get under way this fall.
Sills says pediatric, physical therapy and general surgery services will move to the new building from the clinic.
The addition to its main campus and apparent closure of The Street Clinic comes four years after Marian Hill chemical dependency unit moved from the clinic to the hospital’s West Campus.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center