Hospital to build new medical office complex
Published: May 27,2013
VICKSBURG, Miss. (AP) — River Region Medical Center will construct a new building at its U.S. Highway 61 North location to house services currently offered at The Street Clinic.
The Vicksburg Post reports River Region CEO Doug Sills told a civic club this past week that the new medical office building is expected to open in October of 2014.
He says no decision has been made on what will have to the clinic building.
Construction is to get under way this fall.
Sills says pediatric, physical therapy and general surgery services will move to the new building from the clinic.
The addition to its main campus and apparent closure of The Street Clinic comes four years after Marian Hill chemical dependency unit moved from the clinic to the hospital’s West Campus.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015