Hospital to build new medical office complex
Published: May 27,2013
VICKSBURG, Miss. (AP) — River Region Medical Center will construct a new building at its U.S. Highway 61 North location to house services currently offered at The Street Clinic.
The Vicksburg Post reports River Region CEO Doug Sills told a civic club this past week that the new medical office building is expected to open in October of 2014.
He says no decision has been made on what will have to the clinic building.
Construction is to get under way this fall.
Sills says pediatric, physical therapy and general surgery services will move to the new building from the clinic.
The addition to its main campus and apparent closure of The Street Clinic comes four years after Marian Hill chemical dependency unit moved from the clinic to the hospital’s West Campus.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Chevron U.S.A.'s base oil facility begins production
- Medical transportation company opening operation/call center
- Corn growers watch bear market eat profits
- Chinese drywall manufacturer fined, banned from doing business in U.S.