Agency sets state’s 2013 alligator-hunting season
Published: May 28,2013
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks will issue 920 lottery-based permits for seven hunting zones for the 2013 alligator season.
The 10-day season runs from Aug. 30 to Sept. 9. A private lands season is also available to landowners whose properties meet specific qualifications within 28 open counties.
Applications for the regular alligator season can be purchased online at www.mdwfp.com/draws from June 3-17. On-line applications for private lands permits will be accepted from June 1 to July 1.
All applicants must be at least 16 years old and those who have their names drawn must attend a mandatory training course.
In 2012, more than 4,100 Mississippi residents submitted applications for 810 available permits, and 513 alligators were killed.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Agency sets state’s 2013 alligator-hunting season”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image