Agency sets state’s 2013 alligator-hunting season
Published: May 28,2013
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks will issue 920 lottery-based permits for seven hunting zones for the 2013 alligator season.
The 10-day season runs from Aug. 30 to Sept. 9. A private lands season is also available to landowners whose properties meet specific qualifications within 28 open counties.
Applications for the regular alligator season can be purchased online at www.mdwfp.com/draws from June 3-17. On-line applications for private lands permits will be accepted from June 1 to July 1.
All applicants must be at least 16 years old and those who have their names drawn must attend a mandatory training course.
In 2012, more than 4,100 Mississippi residents submitted applications for 810 available permits, and 513 alligators were killed.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Agency sets state’s 2013 alligator-hunting season”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not
- Jon-Paul Croom made CEO