Coast restaurant damaged by early morning fire
by Associated Press
Published: May 28,2013
GULFPORT — Authorities in Gulfport are investigating an early morning fire that damaged a restaurant.
WLOX TV reports a fire was reported this morning at South China Chinese Restaurant on Courthouse Road at around 4 a.m.
Gulfport Fire Department battalion chief Chris Henderson said the fire started in the kitchen where a pot was found left on the stove. Henderson believes the pot sparked a grease fire.
The roof and kitchen sustained smoke damage but Henderson said because the owners left the door to the kitchen closed it saved much of the eating area from smoke damage.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability