Coast restaurant damaged by early morning fire
Published: May 28,2013
GULFPORT — Authorities in Gulfport are investigating an early morning fire that damaged a restaurant.
WLOX TV reports a fire was reported this morning at South China Chinese Restaurant on Courthouse Road at around 4 a.m.
Gulfport Fire Department battalion chief Chris Henderson said the fire started in the kitchen where a pot was found left on the stove. Henderson believes the pot sparked a grease fire.
The roof and kitchen sustained smoke damage but Henderson said because the owners left the door to the kitchen closed it saved much of the eating area from smoke damage.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- MDOT commissioner: National group gets it ‘backwards’ on state’s spending on bridge upkeep
- BEN WILLIAMS AND MOLLY JEFFCOAT: Title certificates, reports, commitments & policies: The difference may be your job!
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- With S&P suit settled, Mississippi set to take on Moody’s over flawed investment ratings
- JOSH MABUS: Make it in Mississippi
- LOUANN LOFTON: A book of maps for lovers of New Orleans
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves