Coast restaurant damaged by early morning fire
Published: May 28,2013
GULFPORT — Authorities in Gulfport are investigating an early morning fire that damaged a restaurant.
WLOX TV reports a fire was reported this morning at South China Chinese Restaurant on Courthouse Road at around 4 a.m.
Gulfport Fire Department battalion chief Chris Henderson said the fire started in the kitchen where a pot was found left on the stove. Henderson believes the pot sparked a grease fire.
The roof and kitchen sustained smoke damage but Henderson said because the owners left the door to the kitchen closed it saved much of the eating area from smoke damage.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today