Connecticut company buys share of Coast shipyard
by Associated Press
Published: May 28,2013
GULFPORT — A private equity firm is taking an ownership stake in a Mississippi shipyard group.
Littlejohn & Co. of Greenwich, Conn., has bought part of Gulf Coast Shipyard Group, which owns the Trinity Yachts and TY Offshore shipyards in Gulfport and New Orleans.
The dollar amount and ownership share were not disclosed.
John Dane III, CEO of the shipyard group, says the company plans $9 million of improvements at its Gulfport yard, which will allow it to build more ships each year. A building will be expanded, its launching system will be upgraded, and a new crane will be installed.
Dane says Trinity has about 700 employees and is currently trying to hire another 100.
Trinity Yachts builds large private yachts, while TY Offshore builds offshore supply vessels and tank barges.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M