Connecticut company buys share of Coast shipyard
Published: May 28,2013
GULFPORT — A private equity firm is taking an ownership stake in a Mississippi shipyard group.
Littlejohn & Co. of Greenwich, Conn., has bought part of Gulf Coast Shipyard Group, which owns the Trinity Yachts and TY Offshore shipyards in Gulfport and New Orleans.
The dollar amount and ownership share were not disclosed.
John Dane III, CEO of the shipyard group, says the company plans $9 million of improvements at its Gulfport yard, which will allow it to build more ships each year. A building will be expanded, its launching system will be upgraded, and a new crane will be installed.
Dane says Trinity has about 700 employees and is currently trying to hire another 100.
Trinity Yachts builds large private yachts, while TY Offshore builds offshore supply vessels and tank barges.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager