Investigastors looking into cause of fall that killed two workers
by Associated Press
Published: May 29,2013
COPIAH COUNTY — Federal and local investigators are trying to determine the cause of an accident in which two workers fell to their deaths from a cellphone tower in Copiah County.
The accident happened yesterday afternoon at a tower on Mississippi Highway 27.
The Copiah County coroner says the men were climbing up the 300-foot tower and were about halfway up when they fell.
Randle Drane, of the Copiah County Emergency Management Agency, said the men worked for a Louisiana company. Their identities have not been released.
Copiah Sheriff Harold Jones said the men were trying to put new antennas on the tower when the accident happened.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county