Investigastors looking into cause of fall that killed two workers
Published: May 29,2013
COPIAH COUNTY — Federal and local investigators are trying to determine the cause of an accident in which two workers fell to their deaths from a cellphone tower in Copiah County.
The accident happened yesterday afternoon at a tower on Mississippi Highway 27.
The Copiah County coroner says the men were climbing up the 300-foot tower and were about halfway up when they fell.
Randle Drane, of the Copiah County Emergency Management Agency, said the men worked for a Louisiana company. Their identities have not been released.
Copiah Sheriff Harold Jones said the men were trying to put new antennas on the tower when the accident happened.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities