Investigastors looking into cause of fall that killed two workers
Published: May 29,2013
COPIAH COUNTY — Federal and local investigators are trying to determine the cause of an accident in which two workers fell to their deaths from a cellphone tower in Copiah County.
The accident happened yesterday afternoon at a tower on Mississippi Highway 27.
The Copiah County coroner says the men were climbing up the 300-foot tower and were about halfway up when they fell.
Randle Drane, of the Copiah County Emergency Management Agency, said the men worked for a Louisiana company. Their identities have not been released.
Copiah Sheriff Harold Jones said the men were trying to put new antennas on the tower when the accident happened.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast