Investigastors looking into cause of fall that killed two workers
Published: May 29,2013
COPIAH COUNTY — Federal and local investigators are trying to determine the cause of an accident in which two workers fell to their deaths from a cellphone tower in Copiah County.
The accident happened yesterday afternoon at a tower on Mississippi Highway 27.
The Copiah County coroner says the men were climbing up the 300-foot tower and were about halfway up when they fell.
Randle Drane, of the Copiah County Emergency Management Agency, said the men worked for a Louisiana company. Their identities have not been released.
Copiah Sheriff Harold Jones said the men were trying to put new antennas on the tower when the accident happened.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill