Oil company not drilling at historic site after local resistance
Published: May 29,2013
NATCHEZ — Mayor Butch Brown says a drilling company has changed its mind about drilling for oil on a historic site at Natchez.
The Natchez Democrat reports Brown told the Board of Aldermen that Mike Biglane of RMB Exploration has decided not to drill on the historic Arlington property.
Brown said he has learned that the project will be moved to more secluded property away from Arlington.
Biglane encountered significant resistance to the oil well from residents and the city when he first proposed it last year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- JOSH MABUS: Make it in Mississippi
- MDOT commissioner: National group gets it ‘backwards’ on state’s spending on bridge upkeep
- BEN WILLIAMS AND MOLLY JEFFCOAT: Title certificates, reports, commitments & policies: The difference may be your job!
- With S&P suit settled, Mississippi set to take on Moody’s over flawed investment ratings
- LOUANN LOFTON: A book of maps for lovers of New Orleans
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Texas company fined for taking water from a Mississippi river