Oil company not drilling at historic site after local resistance
Published: May 29,2013
NATCHEZ — Mayor Butch Brown says a drilling company has changed its mind about drilling for oil on a historic site at Natchez.
The Natchez Democrat reports Brown told the Board of Aldermen that Mike Biglane of RMB Exploration has decided not to drill on the historic Arlington property.
Brown said he has learned that the project will be moved to more secluded property away from Arlington.
Biglane encountered significant resistance to the oil well from residents and the city when he first proposed it last year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment