Oil company not drilling at historic site after local resistance
Published: May 29,2013
NATCHEZ — Mayor Butch Brown says a drilling company has changed its mind about drilling for oil on a historic site at Natchez.
The Natchez Democrat reports Brown told the Board of Aldermen that Mike Biglane of RMB Exploration has decided not to drill on the historic Arlington property.
Brown said he has learned that the project will be moved to more secluded property away from Arlington.
Biglane encountered significant resistance to the oil well from residents and the city when he first proposed it last year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62