Oil company not drilling at historic site after local resistance
by Associated Press
Published: May 29,2013
NATCHEZ — Mayor Butch Brown says a drilling company has changed its mind about drilling for oil on a historic site at Natchez.
The Natchez Democrat reports Brown told the Board of Aldermen that Mike Biglane of RMB Exploration has decided not to drill on the historic Arlington property.
Brown said he has learned that the project will be moved to more secluded property away from Arlington.
Biglane encountered significant resistance to the oil well from residents and the city when he first proposed it last year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout