Oil company not drilling at historic site after local resistance
Published: May 29,2013
NATCHEZ — Mayor Butch Brown says a drilling company has changed its mind about drilling for oil on a historic site at Natchez.
The Natchez Democrat reports Brown told the Board of Aldermen that Mike Biglane of RMB Exploration has decided not to drill on the historic Arlington property.
Brown said he has learned that the project will be moved to more secluded property away from Arlington.
Biglane encountered significant resistance to the oil well from residents and the city when he first proposed it last year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs