Telecom adding workers on heels of Project VIP
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 29,2013
PEARL — AT&T is hiring.
That was the telecommunication company’s message at Gov. Phil Bryant ‘s Job Fair Network. It is currently looking to fill more than 250 job openings in Mississippi, including more than 225 new jobs.
The majority of new jobs are in the Network and Call Center organizations.
Many of the new positions are the result of AT&T’s recently announced Project Velocity IP (Project VIP), a three-year, multi-billion dollar investment plan to expand and enhance its national wireless and wired IP broadband networks. As part of Project VIP, AT&T plans to increase the density of its wireless network by deploying more than 10,000 macro sites, more than 1,000 distributed antenna systems and more than 40,000 small cells.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love