Telecom adding workers on heels of Project VIP
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 29,2013
PEARL — AT&T is hiring.
That was the telecommunication company’s message at Gov. Phil Bryant ‘s Job Fair Network. It is currently looking to fill more than 250 job openings in Mississippi, including more than 225 new jobs.
The majority of new jobs are in the Network and Call Center organizations.
Many of the new positions are the result of AT&T’s recently announced Project Velocity IP (Project VIP), a three-year, multi-billion dollar investment plan to expand and enhance its national wireless and wired IP broadband networks. As part of Project VIP, AT&T plans to increase the density of its wireless network by deploying more than 10,000 macro sites, more than 1,000 distributed antenna systems and more than 40,000 small cells.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects