Telecom adding workers on heels of Project VIP
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 29,2013
PEARL — AT&T is hiring.
That was the telecommunication company’s message at Gov. Phil Bryant ‘s Job Fair Network. It is currently looking to fill more than 250 job openings in Mississippi, including more than 225 new jobs.
The majority of new jobs are in the Network and Call Center organizations.
Many of the new positions are the result of AT&T’s recently announced Project Velocity IP (Project VIP), a three-year, multi-billion dollar investment plan to expand and enhance its national wireless and wired IP broadband networks. As part of Project VIP, AT&T plans to increase the density of its wireless network by deploying more than 10,000 macro sites, more than 1,000 distributed antenna systems and more than 40,000 small cells.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics