Telecom adding workers on heels of Project VIP
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 29,2013
PEARL — AT&T is hiring.
That was the telecommunication company’s message at Gov. Phil Bryant ‘s Job Fair Network. It is currently looking to fill more than 250 job openings in Mississippi, including more than 225 new jobs.
The majority of new jobs are in the Network and Call Center organizations.
Many of the new positions are the result of AT&T’s recently announced Project Velocity IP (Project VIP), a three-year, multi-billion dollar investment plan to expand and enhance its national wireless and wired IP broadband networks. As part of Project VIP, AT&T plans to increase the density of its wireless network by deploying more than 10,000 macro sites, more than 1,000 distributed antenna systems and more than 40,000 small cells.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years