Telecom adding workers on heels of Project VIP
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 29,2013
PEARL — AT&T is hiring.
That was the telecommunication company’s message at Gov. Phil Bryant ‘s Job Fair Network. It is currently looking to fill more than 250 job openings in Mississippi, including more than 225 new jobs.
The majority of new jobs are in the Network and Call Center organizations.
Many of the new positions are the result of AT&T’s recently announced Project Velocity IP (Project VIP), a three-year, multi-billion dollar investment plan to expand and enhance its national wireless and wired IP broadband networks. As part of Project VIP, AT&T plans to increase the density of its wireless network by deploying more than 10,000 macro sites, more than 1,000 distributed antenna systems and more than 40,000 small cells.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years