Dems, mayoral candidate wants city election monitored
Published: May 30,2013
MERIDIAN — A candidate for mayor in Meridian has joined with the Lauderdale County Democratic Party in asking the U.S. Department of Justice to monitor the June 4 Meridian election.
A party spokesman and mayoral candidate Percy Bland both told the Meridian Star they had made the request.
Bland said he wants to make sure voters are not turned away or intimidated.
Yesterday, a Justice Department official said the department never announces its intent to monitor an election until the day before the election.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses