Dems, mayoral candidate wants city election monitored
Published: May 30,2013
MERIDIAN — A candidate for mayor in Meridian has joined with the Lauderdale County Democratic Party in asking the U.S. Department of Justice to monitor the June 4 Meridian election.
A party spokesman and mayoral candidate Percy Bland both told the Meridian Star they had made the request.
Bland said he wants to make sure voters are not turned away or intimidated.
Yesterday, a Justice Department official said the department never announces its intent to monitor an election until the day before the election.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds