Institutions of Higher Learning taps John Pearce
The board of trustees of State Institutions of Higher Learning named veteran staff member John Pearce as interim associate commissioner for finance and administration. He has served as director of university budgets for the Institutions of Higher Learning since 2008. A certified public accountant, Pearce has extensive experience in providing budget oversight of Mississippi’s eight public four-year institutions of higher learning, including the University of Mississippi Medical Center, Agricultural Programs and Subsidiary Programs. He has served as the liaison between the IHL Board Office and the CFOs at the universities and communicated with them regarding board budget policy and legislative instructions. In addition to serving as a liaison with the universities and their staff members, Pearce has also served as the budget liaison between the board and the Legislative Budget Office and the Department of Finance and Administration.
Prior to joining IHL, Pearce served as a senior accountant for The Koerber Company, P.A. and as a performance evaluation auditor for the Joint Committee on Performance Evaluation and Expenditure Review of the Mississippi Legislature (PEER Committee).
Pearce holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Mississippi College, and a master’s of business administration, with an emphasis in finance, from the University of Southern Mississippi. He has completed coursework toward a doctorate at Delta State University. Pearce is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Mississippi Society of Certified Public Accountants.
An active member of Calvary Baptist Church in Brandon, he serves as church treasurer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data