Institutions of Higher Learning taps John Pearce
The board of trustees of State Institutions of Higher Learning named veteran staff member John Pearce as interim associate commissioner for finance and administration. He has served as director of university budgets for the Institutions of Higher Learning since 2008. A certified public accountant, Pearce has extensive experience in providing budget oversight of Mississippi’s eight public four-year institutions of higher learning, including the University of Mississippi Medical Center, Agricultural Programs and Subsidiary Programs. He has served as the liaison between the IHL Board Office and the CFOs at the universities and communicated with them regarding board budget policy and legislative instructions. In addition to serving as a liaison with the universities and their staff members, Pearce has also served as the budget liaison between the board and the Legislative Budget Office and the Department of Finance and Administration.
Prior to joining IHL, Pearce served as a senior accountant for The Koerber Company, P.A. and as a performance evaluation auditor for the Joint Committee on Performance Evaluation and Expenditure Review of the Mississippi Legislature (PEER Committee).
Pearce holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Mississippi College, and a master’s of business administration, with an emphasis in finance, from the University of Southern Mississippi. He has completed coursework toward a doctorate at Delta State University. Pearce is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Mississippi Society of Certified Public Accountants.
An active member of Calvary Baptist Church in Brandon, he serves as church treasurer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts