Bomgar product passes Symantec’s security test
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 31,2013
JACKSON — Bomgar’s remote support solution has passed a security assessment performed by Symantec Consulting Services, according to the Jackson-based tech company.
Symantec conducted its Product Penetration Test to evaluate the Bomgar solution’s components and related environment against established security best practices. The purpose of the assessment was to evaluate the security of Bomgar’s product from a hacker’s or malicious user’s perspective to determine how well the product works to defend against attacks.
“The threat of network attacks and breaches is on the rise, and year after year, remote support technology is named as the top vector used in such attacks,” said Nathan McNeill, co-founder and chief strategy officer, Bomgar. “At Bomgar, we’re dedicated to providing the most secure remote support solutions available, which is why we regularly submit our products to tests by Symantec and other security leaders.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November