Bomgar product passes Symantec’s security test
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 31,2013
JACKSON — Bomgar’s remote support solution has passed a security assessment performed by Symantec Consulting Services, according to the Jackson-based tech company.
Symantec conducted its Product Penetration Test to evaluate the Bomgar solution’s components and related environment against established security best practices. The purpose of the assessment was to evaluate the security of Bomgar’s product from a hacker’s or malicious user’s perspective to determine how well the product works to defend against attacks.
“The threat of network attacks and breaches is on the rise, and year after year, remote support technology is named as the top vector used in such attacks,” said Nathan McNeill, co-founder and chief strategy officer, Bomgar. “At Bomgar, we’re dedicated to providing the most secure remote support solutions available, which is why we regularly submit our products to tests by Symantec and other security leaders.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal