Bomgar product passes Symantec’s security test
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 31,2013
JACKSON — Bomgar’s remote support solution has passed a security assessment performed by Symantec Consulting Services, according to the Jackson-based tech company.
Symantec conducted its Product Penetration Test to evaluate the Bomgar solution’s components and related environment against established security best practices. The purpose of the assessment was to evaluate the security of Bomgar’s product from a hacker’s or malicious user’s perspective to determine how well the product works to defend against attacks.
“The threat of network attacks and breaches is on the rise, and year after year, remote support technology is named as the top vector used in such attacks,” said Nathan McNeill, co-founder and chief strategy officer, Bomgar. “At Bomgar, we’re dedicated to providing the most secure remote support solutions available, which is why we regularly submit our products to tests by Symantec and other security leaders.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics