Bomgar product passes Symantec’s security test
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 31,2013
JACKSON — Bomgar’s remote support solution has passed a security assessment performed by Symantec Consulting Services, according to the Jackson-based tech company.
Symantec conducted its Product Penetration Test to evaluate the Bomgar solution’s components and related environment against established security best practices. The purpose of the assessment was to evaluate the security of Bomgar’s product from a hacker’s or malicious user’s perspective to determine how well the product works to defend against attacks.
“The threat of network attacks and breaches is on the rise, and year after year, remote support technology is named as the top vector used in such attacks,” said Nathan McNeill, co-founder and chief strategy officer, Bomgar. “At Bomgar, we’re dedicated to providing the most secure remote support solutions available, which is why we regularly submit our products to tests by Symantec and other security leaders.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination