Bomgar product passes Symantec’s security test
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 31,2013
JACKSON — Bomgar’s remote support solution has passed a security assessment performed by Symantec Consulting Services, according to the Jackson-based tech company.
Symantec conducted its Product Penetration Test to evaluate the Bomgar solution’s components and related environment against established security best practices. The purpose of the assessment was to evaluate the security of Bomgar’s product from a hacker’s or malicious user’s perspective to determine how well the product works to defend against attacks.
“The threat of network attacks and breaches is on the rise, and year after year, remote support technology is named as the top vector used in such attacks,” said Nathan McNeill, co-founder and chief strategy officer, Bomgar. “At Bomgar, we’re dedicated to providing the most secure remote support solutions available, which is why we regularly submit our products to tests by Symantec and other security leaders.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued