Lori Mann Bruce named to MSU academic affairs post
Lori Mann Bruce is the new associate vice president for academic affairs and graduate school dean at Mississippi State University. Bruce, associate dean of the university’s Bagley College of Engineering since 2008, succeeds the retiring Louis D’Abramo. Like D’Abramo, she is a William L. Giles Distinguished Professor, MSU’s highest faculty rank.
The appointment is pending formal approval by the Board of Trustees, State Institutions of Higher Learning. She will be the first woman to lead MSU’s graduate school.
Bruce is a University of Alabama in Huntsville doctoral graduate in electrical and computer engineering. She also holds a UAH bachelor’s degree in electrical and computer engineering, as well as a master’s in electrical engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology.
Prior to coming to MSU, she was an assistant professor at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Over her academic career, she has received several teaching awards and National Science Foundation research fellowships.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring