Karen Johnson wins advertising award
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 31,2013
Karen Johnson, vice president of print production at GodwinGroup, was recently honored with the Bolton-MacVicar Award by the District 7 American Advertising Federation (AAF). The award is presented annually to an advertising professional within the district who has dedicated special efforts to working with advertising students at area schools and universities. Johnson has been involved with AAF since 1987, serving on the board, as president and as the student liaison. Johnson is actively involved in AAF’s Student ADDY competition, a national awards program designed for college students. For the past 10 years, she has coordinated the annual Capital Gains Student Leadership Conference, which she also served as chairman for 2013. She has also helped establish as well as served as advisor for student AAF chapters at several local colleges and universities.
A resident of Ridgeland, Johnson joined GodwinGroup in 1996. She is a graduate of Spring Hill College in Mobile, Ala., where she earned a bachelor of science in business with minors in computer programming and accounting.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters