Karen Johnson wins advertising award
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 31,2013
Karen Johnson, vice president of print production at GodwinGroup, was recently honored with the Bolton-MacVicar Award by the District 7 American Advertising Federation (AAF). The award is presented annually to an advertising professional within the district who has dedicated special efforts to working with advertising students at area schools and universities. Johnson has been involved with AAF since 1987, serving on the board, as president and as the student liaison. Johnson is actively involved in AAF’s Student ADDY competition, a national awards program designed for college students. For the past 10 years, she has coordinated the annual Capital Gains Student Leadership Conference, which she also served as chairman for 2013. She has also helped establish as well as served as advisor for student AAF chapters at several local colleges and universities.
A resident of Ridgeland, Johnson joined GodwinGroup in 1996. She is a graduate of Spring Hill College in Mobile, Ala., where she earned a bachelor of science in business with minors in computer programming and accounting.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed