Karen Johnson wins advertising award
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 31,2013
Karen Johnson, vice president of print production at GodwinGroup, was recently honored with the Bolton-MacVicar Award by the District 7 American Advertising Federation (AAF). The award is presented annually to an advertising professional within the district who has dedicated special efforts to working with advertising students at area schools and universities. Johnson has been involved with AAF since 1987, serving on the board, as president and as the student liaison. Johnson is actively involved in AAF’s Student ADDY competition, a national awards program designed for college students. For the past 10 years, she has coordinated the annual Capital Gains Student Leadership Conference, which she also served as chairman for 2013. She has also helped establish as well as served as advisor for student AAF chapters at several local colleges and universities.
A resident of Ridgeland, Johnson joined GodwinGroup in 1996. She is a graduate of Spring Hill College in Mobile, Ala., where she earned a bachelor of science in business with minors in computer programming and accounting.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money