Karen Johnson wins advertising award
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 31,2013
Karen Johnson, vice president of print production at GodwinGroup, was recently honored with the Bolton-MacVicar Award by the District 7 American Advertising Federation (AAF). The award is presented annually to an advertising professional within the district who has dedicated special efforts to working with advertising students at area schools and universities. Johnson has been involved with AAF since 1987, serving on the board, as president and as the student liaison. Johnson is actively involved in AAF’s Student ADDY competition, a national awards program designed for college students. For the past 10 years, she has coordinated the annual Capital Gains Student Leadership Conference, which she also served as chairman for 2013. She has also helped establish as well as served as advisor for student AAF chapters at several local colleges and universities.
A resident of Ridgeland, Johnson joined GodwinGroup in 1996. She is a graduate of Spring Hill College in Mobile, Ala., where she earned a bachelor of science in business with minors in computer programming and accounting.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics