Karen Johnson wins advertising award
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 31,2013
Karen Johnson, vice president of print production at GodwinGroup, was recently honored with the Bolton-MacVicar Award by the District 7 American Advertising Federation (AAF). The award is presented annually to an advertising professional within the district who has dedicated special efforts to working with advertising students at area schools and universities. Johnson has been involved with AAF since 1987, serving on the board, as president and as the student liaison. Johnson is actively involved in AAF’s Student ADDY competition, a national awards program designed for college students. For the past 10 years, she has coordinated the annual Capital Gains Student Leadership Conference, which she also served as chairman for 2013. She has also helped establish as well as served as advisor for student AAF chapters at several local colleges and universities.
A resident of Ridgeland, Johnson joined GodwinGroup in 1996. She is a graduate of Spring Hill College in Mobile, Ala., where she earned a bachelor of science in business with minors in computer programming and accounting.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions