Kevin Williamson made Laurel Chronicle publisher
Kevin Williamson has been named publisher of The Chronicle newspaper in Laurel. Williamson succeeds Skippy Haik in June. Haik had served as interim publisher for The Chronicle since its inception in Jones County in April 2012. Haik will remain with The Chronicle as office manager/bookkeeper.
Williamson has worked in print media nearly 17 years, including jobs as reporter, editor, circulation supervisor and advertising sales manager. He was general manager of the Laurel Impact from 2006-2011, before taking on those same responsibilities at the Hattiesburg Impact two years ago.
Williamson graduated in 1991 from the University of Southern Mississippi. He and his wife, Rhonda, have a daughter, Katelyn.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects