Kevin Williamson made Laurel Chronicle publisher
Kevin Williamson has been named publisher of The Chronicle newspaper in Laurel. Williamson succeeds Skippy Haik in June. Haik had served as interim publisher for The Chronicle since its inception in Jones County in April 2012. Haik will remain with The Chronicle as office manager/bookkeeper.
Williamson has worked in print media nearly 17 years, including jobs as reporter, editor, circulation supervisor and advertising sales manager. He was general manager of the Laurel Impact from 2006-2011, before taking on those same responsibilities at the Hattiesburg Impact two years ago.
Williamson graduated in 1991 from the University of Southern Mississippi. He and his wife, Rhonda, have a daughter, Katelyn.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials