Kevin Williamson made Laurel Chronicle publisher
Kevin Williamson has been named publisher of The Chronicle newspaper in Laurel. Williamson succeeds Skippy Haik in June. Haik had served as interim publisher for The Chronicle since its inception in Jones County in April 2012. Haik will remain with The Chronicle as office manager/bookkeeper.
Williamson has worked in print media nearly 17 years, including jobs as reporter, editor, circulation supervisor and advertising sales manager. He was general manager of the Laurel Impact from 2006-2011, before taking on those same responsibilities at the Hattiesburg Impact two years ago.
Williamson graduated in 1991 from the University of Southern Mississippi. He and his wife, Rhonda, have a daughter, Katelyn.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force