Harbor projects in full swing across Coast
by Associated Press
Published: June 3,2013
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — Commercial and recreational boat slips are under construction or repair in almost every city across South Mississippi.
The Sun Herald reports the biggest projects are new harbors being built in Bay St. Louis and Pass Christian that will add a total of 348 new boat slips to the Coast.
Pass Christian Mayor Chipper McDermott says the new harbor will be finished in November. After the construction is done, vendors will be moved to the west side of the existing harbor.
Officials have not begun marketing the new harbor, but McDermott said as long as the nearby oyster reefs remain healthy, demand for the 120 commercial slips in the new harbor will be strong.
Construction on the $21 million Bay St. Louis marina is scheduled to be finished in spring 2014.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition