Harbor projects in full swing across Coast
Published: June 3,2013
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — Commercial and recreational boat slips are under construction or repair in almost every city across South Mississippi.
The Sun Herald reports the biggest projects are new harbors being built in Bay St. Louis and Pass Christian that will add a total of 348 new boat slips to the Coast.
Pass Christian Mayor Chipper McDermott says the new harbor will be finished in November. After the construction is done, vendors will be moved to the west side of the existing harbor.
Officials have not begun marketing the new harbor, but McDermott said as long as the nearby oyster reefs remain healthy, demand for the 120 commercial slips in the new harbor will be strong.
Construction on the $21 million Bay St. Louis marina is scheduled to be finished in spring 2014.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Inspectors find 'hot work' was cause of fatal explosion at fish plant
- Ground broken for new Hattiesburg Clinic facility