Harbor projects in full swing across Coast
Published: June 3,2013
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — Commercial and recreational boat slips are under construction or repair in almost every city across South Mississippi.
The Sun Herald reports the biggest projects are new harbors being built in Bay St. Louis and Pass Christian that will add a total of 348 new boat slips to the Coast.
Pass Christian Mayor Chipper McDermott says the new harbor will be finished in November. After the construction is done, vendors will be moved to the west side of the existing harbor.
Officials have not begun marketing the new harbor, but McDermott said as long as the nearby oyster reefs remain healthy, demand for the 120 commercial slips in the new harbor will be strong.
Construction on the $21 million Bay St. Louis marina is scheduled to be finished in spring 2014.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Digital Editions - magazines
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game