Harbor projects in full swing across Coast
by Associated Press
Published: June 3,2013
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — Commercial and recreational boat slips are under construction or repair in almost every city across South Mississippi.
The Sun Herald reports the biggest projects are new harbors being built in Bay St. Louis and Pass Christian that will add a total of 348 new boat slips to the Coast.
Pass Christian Mayor Chipper McDermott says the new harbor will be finished in November. After the construction is done, vendors will be moved to the west side of the existing harbor.
Officials have not begun marketing the new harbor, but McDermott said as long as the nearby oyster reefs remain healthy, demand for the 120 commercial slips in the new harbor will be strong.
Construction on the $21 million Bay St. Louis marina is scheduled to be finished in spring 2014.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- News The Way You Want It!
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues