County administrator fired; action was not on agenda
Published: June 4,2013
In an unexpected move that was not included on yesterday’s agenda, the board voted 3-2 to terminate Overby, who was hired by the board when the members took office in January 2012.
Overby, a certified public accountant, formerly worked as finance director and city clerk for Ridgeland.
The Clarion-Ledger reports the board named Shelton Vance, the county comptroller, as interim administrator while it advertises the opening.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist