County administrator fired; action was not on agenda
Published: June 4,2013
In an unexpected move that was not included on yesterday’s agenda, the board voted 3-2 to terminate Overby, who was hired by the board when the members took office in January 2012.
Overby, a certified public accountant, formerly worked as finance director and city clerk for Ridgeland.
The Clarion-Ledger reports the board named Shelton Vance, the county comptroller, as interim administrator while it advertises the opening.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41