County administrator fired; action was not on agenda
Published: June 4,2013
In an unexpected move that was not included on yesterday’s agenda, the board voted 3-2 to terminate Overby, who was hired by the board when the members took office in January 2012.
Overby, a certified public accountant, formerly worked as finance director and city clerk for Ridgeland.
The Clarion-Ledger reports the board named Shelton Vance, the county comptroller, as interim administrator while it advertises the opening.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public