County administrator fired; action was not on agenda
Published: June 4,2013
In an unexpected move that was not included on yesterday’s agenda, the board voted 3-2 to terminate Overby, who was hired by the board when the members took office in January 2012.
Overby, a certified public accountant, formerly worked as finance director and city clerk for Ridgeland.
The Clarion-Ledger reports the board named Shelton Vance, the county comptroller, as interim administrator while it advertises the opening.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports