DSU thanks faculty, staff
Delta State University recently honored retiring employees and awarded service pins to others at the 2013 Retirement Service Award Ceremony. Retirees honored were: Irene Johnson, custodial services; Lestine Rogers, Center for Community and Economic Development; Kathy Givens, Office of Procurement Services; Sarah Boyles, continuing education and graduate studies; Renee Foster, management, marketing and business administration; Barbara McKnight, student business services; Elaine Lambert, teacher education; Carlysle Meek, biological and physical sciences; Duncan Baird, Art Department; John Elliott, Registrar’s Office; Aulene Brumfield, management, marketing and business administration; Greg Redlin, Finance and Administration; president emeritus Dr. John M. Hilpert; and, Rosie Pippins, custodial services.
The service honorees were: Barbara McKnight, student business services (40 years); Georgene Clark, languages and literature (35 years); Lee Curry, carpentry (30 years); Dr. Cooper Johnson, College of Business (30 years); Barry Bays, Delta Music Institute (25 years); William (Bill) Marchant, health, physical education and recreation (25 years); Sheryl Stump, library services (25 years); Dr. Mark Butler, Music Department (25 years); Aulene Brumfield, management, marketing and business administration; Kathy Givens, Office of Procurement Services (20 years); Dr. Vicki Bingham, School of Nursing (20 years); Dr. Jan Haynes, family and consumer sciences (20 years); Darwaun Hayes, custodial services (20 years); Moorlin Evans, custodial services (20 years); Dr. Joe Bentley, biological and physical sciences (20 years); Cheryl Oleis, alumni (20 years); Chip Cooper, commercial aviation (20 years); Mike Kinnison, baseball (20 years); and, Helen White, counseling and student health services (20 years).
DSU also recently announced its 2013 outstanding staff and faculty award winners. The H. L. Nowell Outstanding Staff award was presented to Sarah Boyles, coordinator of graduate studies admissions. Nursing Instructor Debra Allen was the recipient of the S.E. Kossman Outstanding Faculty Award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point