DSU thanks faculty, staff
Delta State University recently honored retiring employees and awarded service pins to others at the 2013 Retirement Service Award Ceremony. Retirees honored were: Irene Johnson, custodial services; Lestine Rogers, Center for Community and Economic Development; Kathy Givens, Office of Procurement Services; Sarah Boyles, continuing education and graduate studies; Renee Foster, management, marketing and business administration; Barbara McKnight, student business services; Elaine Lambert, teacher education; Carlysle Meek, biological and physical sciences; Duncan Baird, Art Department; John Elliott, Registrar’s Office; Aulene Brumfield, management, marketing and business administration; Greg Redlin, Finance and Administration; president emeritus Dr. John M. Hilpert; and, Rosie Pippins, custodial services.
The service honorees were: Barbara McKnight, student business services (40 years); Georgene Clark, languages and literature (35 years); Lee Curry, carpentry (30 years); Dr. Cooper Johnson, College of Business (30 years); Barry Bays, Delta Music Institute (25 years); William (Bill) Marchant, health, physical education and recreation (25 years); Sheryl Stump, library services (25 years); Dr. Mark Butler, Music Department (25 years); Aulene Brumfield, management, marketing and business administration; Kathy Givens, Office of Procurement Services (20 years); Dr. Vicki Bingham, School of Nursing (20 years); Dr. Jan Haynes, family and consumer sciences (20 years); Darwaun Hayes, custodial services (20 years); Moorlin Evans, custodial services (20 years); Dr. Joe Bentley, biological and physical sciences (20 years); Cheryl Oleis, alumni (20 years); Chip Cooper, commercial aviation (20 years); Mike Kinnison, baseball (20 years); and, Helen White, counseling and student health services (20 years).
DSU also recently announced its 2013 outstanding staff and faculty award winners. The H. L. Nowell Outstanding Staff award was presented to Sarah Boyles, coordinator of graduate studies admissions. Nursing Instructor Debra Allen was the recipient of the S.E. Kossman Outstanding Faculty Award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015