GPO expands Coast operations, adds TTP cards
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 4,2013
HANCOCK COUNTY — The U.S. Government Printing Office (GPO) has expanded operations at its secure production facility on the grounds of the Stennis Space Center to include smart card production.
GPO opened the facility in 2008 as a second location to produce passports for the Department of State and since that time has produced 19 million passports at the facility.
This new expansion of the production of smart cards will include Trusted Traveler Program (TTP) cards for the Department of Homeland Security’s Customs and Border Protection. GPO will be producing approximately 20,000 TTP cards per month at the Mississippi facility.
TTP cardholders experience expedited travel when crossing at the United States’ northern and southern borders and when going through customs for international travel at airports.
GPO started producing TTP cards in 2008 and has produced two million cards at its secure production facility in Washington, D.C.
Acting public printer Davita Vance-Cooks said, “The expansion of smart card production at our Mississippi facility is an example of the growing demand for secure federal credentials. GPO will continue to expand its smart card business and looks forward to working with other government agencies on their secure credential needs.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects