Archie McDonnell wins Peavey Award
Archie McDonnell, president and CEO of Citizens National Bank, recently received the 2013 Hartley D. Peavey Award for Entrepreneurial Excellence. This award is presented annually by the East Mississippi Business Development Corporation (EMBDC) to a local businessperson who has developed his or her entrepreneurial skills and business expertise into a thriving business or businesses.
Hartley Peavey, founder and CEO of Peavey Electronics Corporation, made the presentation to McDonnell during a special reception held at Bonita Lakes Mall in Meridian. Hartley commented that he was extremely proud to present this award to McDonnell due to his long-time history as a customer of the bank.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years