Amy Chasteen Miller named USM associate dean
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 4,2013
Dr. Amy Chasteen Miller, associate professor and chair of the Department of Anthropology and Sociology, is taking on the role of associate dean for academic affairs in the University of Southern Mississippi’s College of Arts and Letters. Miller earned her bachelor of arts degree from the University of Alabama, master of arts from the University of Tennessee-Knoxville and Ph.D. in sociology from the University of Michigan. She also earned a graduate certificate in women’s studies from the University of Michigan.
Miller began her career at Southern Miss in 1997 and has served on the Luckyday Citizenship Scholars Program advisory board and on Faculty Senate. She also served as director of Honors College Forum and was the founding associate director of the Center for Black Studies.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money