Amy Chasteen Miller named USM associate dean
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 4,2013
Dr. Amy Chasteen Miller, associate professor and chair of the Department of Anthropology and Sociology, is taking on the role of associate dean for academic affairs in the University of Southern Mississippi’s College of Arts and Letters. Miller earned her bachelor of arts degree from the University of Alabama, master of arts from the University of Tennessee-Knoxville and Ph.D. in sociology from the University of Michigan. She also earned a graduate certificate in women’s studies from the University of Michigan.
Miller began her career at Southern Miss in 1997 and has served on the Luckyday Citizenship Scholars Program advisory board and on Faculty Senate. She also served as director of Honors College Forum and was the founding associate director of the Center for Black Studies.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement