Leonard Papania named Gulfport chief
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 4,2013
Gulfport’s interim police chief Leonard Papania has been named chief of police. Papania has been a Gulfport police officer since 1994 and has served as deputy chief since 2009. He has been acting chief since Alan Weatherford retired in February. The 46-year-old Papania has a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice from the University of Southern Mississippi.
In all there were 65 applicants for police chief.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years