Leonard Papania named Gulfport chief
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 4,2013
Gulfport’s interim police chief Leonard Papania has been named chief of police. Papania has been a Gulfport police officer since 1994 and has served as deputy chief since 2009. He has been acting chief since Alan Weatherford retired in February. The 46-year-old Papania has a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice from the University of Southern Mississippi.
In all there were 65 applicants for police chief.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant