Leonard Papania named Gulfport chief
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 4,2013
Gulfport’s interim police chief Leonard Papania has been named chief of police. Papania has been a Gulfport police officer since 1994 and has served as deputy chief since 2009. He has been acting chief since Alan Weatherford retired in February. The 46-year-old Papania has a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice from the University of Southern Mississippi.
In all there were 65 applicants for police chief.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion