Leonard Papania named Gulfport chief
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 4,2013
Gulfport’s interim police chief Leonard Papania has been named chief of police. Papania has been a Gulfport police officer since 1994 and has served as deputy chief since 2009. He has been acting chief since Alan Weatherford retired in February. The 46-year-old Papania has a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice from the University of Southern Mississippi.
In all there were 65 applicants for police chief.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren