Leonard Papania named Gulfport chief
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 4,2013
Gulfport’s interim police chief Leonard Papania has been named chief of police. Papania has been a Gulfport police officer since 1994 and has served as deputy chief since 2009. He has been acting chief since Alan Weatherford retired in February. The 46-year-old Papania has a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice from the University of Southern Mississippi.
In all there were 65 applicants for police chief.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training