Fla. telemarketing firm fined $420K for ‘No-Call’ violations
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 5,2013
JACKSON — The Mississippi Public Service Commission has penalized Tailbone Security, LLC of Boyton Beach, Fla., $420,000 for violations of the Mississippi “No-Call” law and rules associated with enforcing the law.
Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley said Tailbone Security violated the “No-Call” law by failing to register and purchase the state’s “No-Call” list, by contacting consumers that had registered on the “No-Call” list and by utilizing an automated dialing system or like system to communicate with consumers.
Presley added that the company would be prohibited from making any calls as a telephone solicitor and purchasing the Do Not Call List in the State of Mississippi until said fine is paid in full.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Fla. telemarketing firm fined $420K for ‘No-Call’ violations”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location