Fla. telemarketing firm fined $420K for ‘No-Call’ violations
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 5,2013
JACKSON — The Mississippi Public Service Commission has penalized Tailbone Security, LLC of Boyton Beach, Fla., $420,000 for violations of the Mississippi “No-Call” law and rules associated with enforcing the law.
Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley said Tailbone Security violated the “No-Call” law by failing to register and purchase the state’s “No-Call” list, by contacting consumers that had registered on the “No-Call” list and by utilizing an automated dialing system or like system to communicate with consumers.
Presley added that the company would be prohibited from making any calls as a telephone solicitor and purchasing the Do Not Call List in the State of Mississippi until said fine is paid in full.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Fla. telemarketing firm fined $420K for ‘No-Call’ violations”
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts