Fla. telemarketing firm fined $420K for ‘No-Call’ violations
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 5,2013
JACKSON — The Mississippi Public Service Commission has penalized Tailbone Security, LLC of Boyton Beach, Fla., $420,000 for violations of the Mississippi “No-Call” law and rules associated with enforcing the law.
Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley said Tailbone Security violated the “No-Call” law by failing to register and purchase the state’s “No-Call” list, by contacting consumers that had registered on the “No-Call” list and by utilizing an automated dialing system or like system to communicate with consumers.
Presley added that the company would be prohibited from making any calls as a telephone solicitor and purchasing the Do Not Call List in the State of Mississippi until said fine is paid in full.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Fla. telemarketing firm fined $420K for ‘No-Call’ violations”
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years