Fla. telemarketing firm fined $420K for ‘No-Call’ violations
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 5,2013
JACKSON — The Mississippi Public Service Commission has penalized Tailbone Security, LLC of Boyton Beach, Fla., $420,000 for violations of the Mississippi “No-Call” law and rules associated with enforcing the law.
Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley said Tailbone Security violated the “No-Call” law by failing to register and purchase the state’s “No-Call” list, by contacting consumers that had registered on the “No-Call” list and by utilizing an automated dialing system or like system to communicate with consumers.
Presley added that the company would be prohibited from making any calls as a telephone solicitor and purchasing the Do Not Call List in the State of Mississippi until said fine is paid in full.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Fla. telemarketing firm fined $420K for ‘No-Call’ violations”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide