Malco buys theatre complex, plans expansion to entertainment center
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 5,2013
Tags: acquire, acquisition, buy, Commercial Real Estate, community development, economic development, entertainment center, film, job, movie, purchase, real estate, real estate development, sale, sell, theater
OXFORD — Malco Theatres has acquired the closed 10-screen movie theatre and outdoor amphitheater in the Oxford Commons development.
Terms were not disclosed.
In a release, Malco said it would also acquire adjacent property from Kenlan Development Company in order to double the size of the building, converting it to a family entertainment center including the theatre and amphitheater, a 26-lane bowling center with a boutique bowling area, a bar and restaurant, birthday party and event rooms and a redemption game area featuring a laser maze and bumper cars.
The theatre will be remodeled with all new rocking chair seats, upgraded sound systems and new digital projection.
When completed next year, the total theatre/bowling/family entertainment center will employ approximately 100 people, according to Malco.
This will be Malco’s second family entertainment center, joining the recently opened Premier Lanes and Family Entertainment Center in Gonzales, La.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Malco buys theatre complex, plans expansion to entertainment center”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force