Malco buys theatre complex, plans expansion to entertainment center
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 5,2013
Tags: acquire, acquisition, buy, Commercial Real Estate, community development, economic development, entertainment center, film, job, movie, purchase, real estate, real estate development, sale, sell, theater
OXFORD — Malco Theatres has acquired the closed 10-screen movie theatre and outdoor amphitheater in the Oxford Commons development.
Terms were not disclosed.
In a release, Malco said it would also acquire adjacent property from Kenlan Development Company in order to double the size of the building, converting it to a family entertainment center including the theatre and amphitheater, a 26-lane bowling center with a boutique bowling area, a bar and restaurant, birthday party and event rooms and a redemption game area featuring a laser maze and bumper cars.
The theatre will be remodeled with all new rocking chair seats, upgraded sound systems and new digital projection.
When completed next year, the total theatre/bowling/family entertainment center will employ approximately 100 people, according to Malco.
This will be Malco’s second family entertainment center, joining the recently opened Premier Lanes and Family Entertainment Center in Gonzales, La.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Malco buys theatre complex, plans expansion to entertainment center”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast