Malco buys theatre complex, plans expansion to entertainment center
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 5,2013
Tags: acquire, acquisition, buy, Commercial Real Estate, community development, economic development, entertainment center, film, job, movie, purchase, real estate, real estate development, sale, sell, theater
OXFORD — Malco Theatres has acquired the closed 10-screen movie theatre and outdoor amphitheater in the Oxford Commons development.
Terms were not disclosed.
In a release, Malco said it would also acquire adjacent property from Kenlan Development Company in order to double the size of the building, converting it to a family entertainment center including the theatre and amphitheater, a 26-lane bowling center with a boutique bowling area, a bar and restaurant, birthday party and event rooms and a redemption game area featuring a laser maze and bumper cars.
The theatre will be remodeled with all new rocking chair seats, upgraded sound systems and new digital projection.
When completed next year, the total theatre/bowling/family entertainment center will employ approximately 100 people, according to Malco.
This will be Malco’s second family entertainment center, joining the recently opened Premier Lanes and Family Entertainment Center in Gonzales, La.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Malco buys theatre complex, plans expansion to entertainment center”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip