Malco buys theatre complex, plans expansion to entertainment center
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 5,2013
Tags: acquire, acquisition, buy, Commercial Real Estate, community development, economic development, entertainment center, film, job, movie, purchase, real estate, real estate development, sale, sell, theater
OXFORD — Malco Theatres has acquired the closed 10-screen movie theatre and outdoor amphitheater in the Oxford Commons development.
Terms were not disclosed.
In a release, Malco said it would also acquire adjacent property from Kenlan Development Company in order to double the size of the building, converting it to a family entertainment center including the theatre and amphitheater, a 26-lane bowling center with a boutique bowling area, a bar and restaurant, birthday party and event rooms and a redemption game area featuring a laser maze and bumper cars.
The theatre will be remodeled with all new rocking chair seats, upgraded sound systems and new digital projection.
When completed next year, the total theatre/bowling/family entertainment center will employ approximately 100 people, according to Malco.
This will be Malco’s second family entertainment center, joining the recently opened Premier Lanes and Family Entertainment Center in Gonzales, La.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Malco buys theatre complex, plans expansion to entertainment center”
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life