Malco buys theatre complex, plans expansion to entertainment center
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 5,2013
Tags: acquire, acquisition, buy, Commercial Real Estate, community development, economic development, entertainment center, film, job, movie, purchase, real estate, real estate development, sale, sell, theater
OXFORD — Malco Theatres has acquired the closed 10-screen movie theatre and outdoor amphitheater in the Oxford Commons development.
Terms were not disclosed.
In a release, Malco said it would also acquire adjacent property from Kenlan Development Company in order to double the size of the building, converting it to a family entertainment center including the theatre and amphitheater, a 26-lane bowling center with a boutique bowling area, a bar and restaurant, birthday party and event rooms and a redemption game area featuring a laser maze and bumper cars.
The theatre will be remodeled with all new rocking chair seats, upgraded sound systems and new digital projection.
When completed next year, the total theatre/bowling/family entertainment center will employ approximately 100 people, according to Malco.
This will be Malco’s second family entertainment center, joining the recently opened Premier Lanes and Family Entertainment Center in Gonzales, La.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Malco buys theatre complex, plans expansion to entertainment center”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders