Whitney closing eight branches in three La. cities
Published: June 5,2013
Hancock Holding Co., the Gulfport-based parent company of Whitney Bank, announced it would close the Baton Rouge branches at 9800 Airline Highway, 2600 Citiplace Drive and 11659 Plank Road, along with a branch in Algiers, and one in LaPlace.
The Advocate reports two branches in Alexandria and one in Pineville are also slated for closing Aug. 30.
About two weeks ago, Hancock Holding Co. announced it would close 40 branches in its five-state area by the end of the year.
Hancock president and CEO Carl Chaney had said the closures would have “little impact” on its core markets in New Orleans and along the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building