Whitney closing eight branches in three La. cities
Published: June 5,2013
Hancock Holding Co., the Gulfport-based parent company of Whitney Bank, announced it would close the Baton Rouge branches at 9800 Airline Highway, 2600 Citiplace Drive and 11659 Plank Road, along with a branch in Algiers, and one in LaPlace.
The Advocate reports two branches in Alexandria and one in Pineville are also slated for closing Aug. 30.
About two weeks ago, Hancock Holding Co. announced it would close 40 branches in its five-state area by the end of the year.
Hancock president and CEO Carl Chaney had said the closures would have “little impact” on its core markets in New Orleans and along the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager