Whitney closing eight branches in three La. cities
Published: June 5,2013
Hancock Holding Co., the Gulfport-based parent company of Whitney Bank, announced it would close the Baton Rouge branches at 9800 Airline Highway, 2600 Citiplace Drive and 11659 Plank Road, along with a branch in Algiers, and one in LaPlace.
The Advocate reports two branches in Alexandria and one in Pineville are also slated for closing Aug. 30.
About two weeks ago, Hancock Holding Co. announced it would close 40 branches in its five-state area by the end of the year.
Hancock president and CEO Carl Chaney had said the closures would have “little impact” on its core markets in New Orleans and along the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Senate transportation chair seeks emergency money for roads, bridges
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion