Whitney closing eight branches in three La. cities
by Associated Press
Published: June 5,2013
Hancock Holding Co., the Gulfport-based parent company of Whitney Bank, announced it would close the Baton Rouge branches at 9800 Airline Highway, 2600 Citiplace Drive and 11659 Plank Road, along with a branch in Algiers, and one in LaPlace.
The Advocate reports two branches in Alexandria and one in Pineville are also slated for closing Aug. 30.
About two weeks ago, Hancock Holding Co. announced it would close 40 branches in its five-state area by the end of the year.
Hancock president and CEO Carl Chaney had said the closures would have “little impact” on its core markets in New Orleans and along the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy