Whitney closing eight branches in three La. cities
by Associated Press
Published: June 5,2013
Hancock Holding Co., the Gulfport-based parent company of Whitney Bank, announced it would close the Baton Rouge branches at 9800 Airline Highway, 2600 Citiplace Drive and 11659 Plank Road, along with a branch in Algiers, and one in LaPlace.
The Advocate reports two branches in Alexandria and one in Pineville are also slated for closing Aug. 30.
About two weeks ago, Hancock Holding Co. announced it would close 40 branches in its five-state area by the end of the year.
Hancock president and CEO Carl Chaney had said the closures would have “little impact” on its core markets in New Orleans and along the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger