Choctaw chief lands top womens leadership honor
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 6,2013
Choctaw Tribal Chief Phyliss J. Anderson was recently honored by the Mississippi Commission on the Status of Women with the Woman of the Year award in the Political/State and Local Government category. Former state senator and Mississippi Commission on the Status of Women chair Gloria Williamson presented Anderson with her award.
Four other distinguished Mississippi women were in the Political/State and Local Government category: State Rep. Angela Cockerham; State Senate secretary Liz Welch; Sen. Deborah Dawkins; and, Madison Mayor Mary Hawkins Butler.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators