Choctaw chief lands top womens leadership honor
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 6,2013
Choctaw Tribal Chief Phyliss J. Anderson was recently honored by the Mississippi Commission on the Status of Women with the Woman of the Year award in the Political/State and Local Government category. Former state senator and Mississippi Commission on the Status of Women chair Gloria Williamson presented Anderson with her award.
Four other distinguished Mississippi women were in the Political/State and Local Government category: State Rep. Angela Cockerham; State Senate secretary Liz Welch; Sen. Deborah Dawkins; and, Madison Mayor Mary Hawkins Butler.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M