Choctaw chief lands top womens leadership honor
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 6,2013
Choctaw Tribal Chief Phyliss J. Anderson was recently honored by the Mississippi Commission on the Status of Women with the Woman of the Year award in the Political/State and Local Government category. Former state senator and Mississippi Commission on the Status of Women chair Gloria Williamson presented Anderson with her award.
Four other distinguished Mississippi women were in the Political/State and Local Government category: State Rep. Angela Cockerham; State Senate secretary Liz Welch; Sen. Deborah Dawkins; and, Madison Mayor Mary Hawkins Butler.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option