Choctaw chief lands top womens leadership honor
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 6,2013
Choctaw Tribal Chief Phyliss J. Anderson was recently honored by the Mississippi Commission on the Status of Women with the Woman of the Year award in the Political/State and Local Government category. Former state senator and Mississippi Commission on the Status of Women chair Gloria Williamson presented Anderson with her award.
Four other distinguished Mississippi women were in the Political/State and Local Government category: State Rep. Angela Cockerham; State Senate secretary Liz Welch; Sen. Deborah Dawkins; and, Madison Mayor Mary Hawkins Butler.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful