Choctaw chief lands top womens leadership honor
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 6,2013
Choctaw Tribal Chief Phyliss J. Anderson was recently honored by the Mississippi Commission on the Status of Women with the Woman of the Year award in the Political/State and Local Government category. Former state senator and Mississippi Commission on the Status of Women chair Gloria Williamson presented Anderson with her award.
Four other distinguished Mississippi women were in the Political/State and Local Government category: State Rep. Angela Cockerham; State Senate secretary Liz Welch; Sen. Deborah Dawkins; and, Madison Mayor Mary Hawkins Butler.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate