Hospital trustees to choose firm for study of sale
Published: June 6,2013
NATCHEZ — The Natchez Regional Medical Center board of trustees will recommend to county officials next week who they think should determine if the sale of the county-owned hospital is feasible.
The Rev. Leroy White — chairman of the hospital trustees — said the hospital has gotten several inquiries from firms about conducting a feasibility study into the sale since the announcement last week that the county would seek the study.
While White said the trustees haven’t made a final decision about what firm they will recommend.
The Natchez Democrat reports the feasibility study is the first legal step necessary in moving forward with the sale or lease of the hospital.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal