Hospital trustees to choose firm for study of sale
by Associated Press
Published: June 6,2013
NATCHEZ — The Natchez Regional Medical Center board of trustees will recommend to county officials next week who they think should determine if the sale of the county-owned hospital is feasible.
The Rev. Leroy White — chairman of the hospital trustees — said the hospital has gotten several inquiries from firms about conducting a feasibility study into the sale since the announcement last week that the county would seek the study.
While White said the trustees haven’t made a final decision about what firm they will recommend.
The Natchez Democrat reports the feasibility study is the first legal step necessary in moving forward with the sale or lease of the hospital.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi