Hospital trustees to choose firm for study of sale
by Associated Press
Published: June 6,2013
NATCHEZ — The Natchez Regional Medical Center board of trustees will recommend to county officials next week who they think should determine if the sale of the county-owned hospital is feasible.
The Rev. Leroy White — chairman of the hospital trustees — said the hospital has gotten several inquiries from firms about conducting a feasibility study into the sale since the announcement last week that the county would seek the study.
While White said the trustees haven’t made a final decision about what firm they will recommend.
The Natchez Democrat reports the feasibility study is the first legal step necessary in moving forward with the sale or lease of the hospital.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more