Craig Carter named assistant to Central District Transportation Commissioner Dick Hall
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 7,2013
Wiley “Craig” Carter has joined the Mississippi Department of Transportation as assistant to Central District Transportation Commissioner Dick Hall. In his 28 years in marketing and public relations, Carter has specialized in building relationships, designing marketing strategies and navigating the political arena. Prior to Carter’s position at MDOT, he owned Carter Consulting, a full-service, integrated marketing agency and was the marketing director at Burns Cooley Dennis Inc. Carter served eight years on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., as deputy director of radio services at the Republican National Committee, field coordinator at the National Republican Senatorial Committee and doorkeeper at the Office of U.S. Senate Sergeant at Arms.
Carter is a Mississippi State University graduate with a bachelor of arts degree in communications with an emphasis on public relations. He is married to Felicia Farthing Carter and has two children, Chloe, 9, and Wiley, 7. They reside in Gluckstadt. In his spare time, Carter coaches children’s sports, enjoys attending Mississippi State University football games and is a color analyst for Germantown High School’s live football broadcasts.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- Digital Editions - magazines