Craig Carter named assistant to Central District Transportation Commissioner Dick Hall
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 7,2013
Wiley “Craig” Carter has joined the Mississippi Department of Transportation as assistant to Central District Transportation Commissioner Dick Hall. In his 28 years in marketing and public relations, Carter has specialized in building relationships, designing marketing strategies and navigating the political arena. Prior to Carter’s position at MDOT, he owned Carter Consulting, a full-service, integrated marketing agency and was the marketing director at Burns Cooley Dennis Inc. Carter served eight years on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., as deputy director of radio services at the Republican National Committee, field coordinator at the National Republican Senatorial Committee and doorkeeper at the Office of U.S. Senate Sergeant at Arms.
Carter is a Mississippi State University graduate with a bachelor of arts degree in communications with an emphasis on public relations. He is married to Felicia Farthing Carter and has two children, Chloe, 9, and Wiley, 7. They reside in Gluckstadt. In his spare time, Carter coaches children’s sports, enjoys attending Mississippi State University football games and is a color analyst for Germantown High School’s live football broadcasts.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability