MSU chooses Achille Messac
Achille Messac, a New York higher education administrator and faculty member, is Mississippi State University’s new engineering dean. The appointment of to lead the university’s James Worth Bagley College of Engineering is pending formal approval by the Board of Trustees, State Institutions of Higher Learning. He will be MSU’s first African American dean.
At Syracuse University, Messac has been serving as chair and distinguished professor of the mechanical and aerospace engineering department. A Massachusetts Institute of Technology doctoral graduate in aeronautical and astronautical engineering, he previously held administrative and faculty positions at the Troy, N.Y.-based Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and was a faculty member at Northeastern University in Massachusetts. Messac, a naturalized U.S. citizen born in Haiti and fluent in French, also holds MIT bachelor’s and master’s degrees in aeronautical and astronautical engineering. He began his professional career in 1981 with the internationally recognized Charles Stark Draper Laboratory in Cambridge, Mass.
Messac will succeed Sarah Rajala, who left earlier this year to accept a similar position at Iowa State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data