Board extends contract of consultant to board president’s daughter
by Associated Press
Published: June 9,2013
MCCOMB — The South Pike School Board has extended a contract with a consultant to provide a year of training to the district’s new business manager, who is the school board president’s daughter.
The consultant, Bonnie Granger is a certified public accountant. She was hired after the board voted in December 2012 to hire board president Sam Hall’s daughter, DeLorean Hall, as business manager.
Granger’s original contract was for six months in which the district paid her $115 an hour, not to exceed 45 hours a month, to train Hall. That adds up to a potential annual salary of $62,100.
The Enterprise-Journal reported the board has extended the contract through June 2014.
Sam Hall didn’t abstain from voting on the matter, saying Granger’s job would include duties beyond training his daughter.
“My understanding is that if we do this for a year, the superintendent would call when he needs her,” Hall said. “She will be doing similar services that she is doing now, training and going through the books.”
Superintendent Estes Taplin said Granger was doing far more than just training.
“Not only is she training, but she is also scrutinizing everything we have done over the last year or so,” he said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Board extends contract of consultant to board president’s daughter”
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center