Board extends contract of consultant to board president’s daughter
Published: June 9,2013
MCCOMB — The South Pike School Board has extended a contract with a consultant to provide a year of training to the district’s new business manager, who is the school board president’s daughter.
The consultant, Bonnie Granger is a certified public accountant. She was hired after the board voted in December 2012 to hire board president Sam Hall’s daughter, DeLorean Hall, as business manager.
Granger’s original contract was for six months in which the district paid her $115 an hour, not to exceed 45 hours a month, to train Hall. That adds up to a potential annual salary of $62,100.
The Enterprise-Journal reported the board has extended the contract through June 2014.
Sam Hall didn’t abstain from voting on the matter, saying Granger’s job would include duties beyond training his daughter.
“My understanding is that if we do this for a year, the superintendent would call when he needs her,” Hall said. “She will be doing similar services that she is doing now, training and going through the books.”
Superintendent Estes Taplin said Granger was doing far more than just training.
“Not only is she training, but she is also scrutinizing everything we have done over the last year or so,” he said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Board extends contract of consultant to board president’s daughter”
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life