Board extends contract of consultant to board president’s daughter
Published: June 9,2013
MCCOMB — The South Pike School Board has extended a contract with a consultant to provide a year of training to the district’s new business manager, who is the school board president’s daughter.
The consultant, Bonnie Granger is a certified public accountant. She was hired after the board voted in December 2012 to hire board president Sam Hall’s daughter, DeLorean Hall, as business manager.
Granger’s original contract was for six months in which the district paid her $115 an hour, not to exceed 45 hours a month, to train Hall. That adds up to a potential annual salary of $62,100.
The Enterprise-Journal reported the board has extended the contract through June 2014.
Sam Hall didn’t abstain from voting on the matter, saying Granger’s job would include duties beyond training his daughter.
“My understanding is that if we do this for a year, the superintendent would call when he needs her,” Hall said. “She will be doing similar services that she is doing now, training and going through the books.”
Superintendent Estes Taplin said Granger was doing far more than just training.
“Not only is she training, but she is also scrutinizing everything we have done over the last year or so,” he said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Board extends contract of consultant to board president’s daughter”
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'