Party official wants Dems disciplined for attending GOP event
Published: June 10,2013
STARKVILLE — A member of the Oktibbeha County Democratic Executive Committee wants party members disciplined for attending a Republican fundraiser.
Committee member Patti Drapala wants county Chairman Chris Taylor to convene a meeting to discuss the issue, reports The Commercial Dispatch. (http://bit.ly/13tNMiT)
Pictures show Roy A. Perkins, Henry Vaughn and Lisa Wynn, all Democrats who recently won Starkville alderman seats, attended a fundraiser for unsuccessful Republican mayoral candidate Dan Moreland. Also shown is executive committee member Dorothy Isaac.
State officials say the local party should handle the situation before state officials get involved.
Party bylaws say a committee member can be removed by two-thirds vote if the member supported non-Democrats in partisan elections. Bylaws say no one can run as a Democrat who has supported non-Democrats within the previous four years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three