Party official wants Dems disciplined for attending GOP event
Published: June 10,2013
STARKVILLE — A member of the Oktibbeha County Democratic Executive Committee wants party members disciplined for attending a Republican fundraiser.
Committee member Patti Drapala wants county Chairman Chris Taylor to convene a meeting to discuss the issue, reports The Commercial Dispatch. (http://bit.ly/13tNMiT)
Pictures show Roy A. Perkins, Henry Vaughn and Lisa Wynn, all Democrats who recently won Starkville alderman seats, attended a fundraiser for unsuccessful Republican mayoral candidate Dan Moreland. Also shown is executive committee member Dorothy Isaac.
State officials say the local party should handle the situation before state officials get involved.
Party bylaws say a committee member can be removed by two-thirds vote if the member supported non-Democrats in partisan elections. Bylaws say no one can run as a Democrat who has supported non-Democrats within the previous four years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions