Party official wants Dems disciplined for attending GOP event
Published: June 10,2013
STARKVILLE — A member of the Oktibbeha County Democratic Executive Committee wants party members disciplined for attending a Republican fundraiser.
Committee member Patti Drapala wants county Chairman Chris Taylor to convene a meeting to discuss the issue, reports The Commercial Dispatch. (http://bit.ly/13tNMiT)
Pictures show Roy A. Perkins, Henry Vaughn and Lisa Wynn, all Democrats who recently won Starkville alderman seats, attended a fundraiser for unsuccessful Republican mayoral candidate Dan Moreland. Also shown is executive committee member Dorothy Isaac.
State officials say the local party should handle the situation before state officials get involved.
Party bylaws say a committee member can be removed by two-thirds vote if the member supported non-Democrats in partisan elections. Bylaws say no one can run as a Democrat who has supported non-Democrats within the previous four years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62