Party official wants Dems disciplined for attending GOP event
Published: June 10,2013
STARKVILLE — A member of the Oktibbeha County Democratic Executive Committee wants party members disciplined for attending a Republican fundraiser.
Committee member Patti Drapala wants county Chairman Chris Taylor to convene a meeting to discuss the issue, reports The Commercial Dispatch. (http://bit.ly/13tNMiT)
Pictures show Roy A. Perkins, Henry Vaughn and Lisa Wynn, all Democrats who recently won Starkville alderman seats, attended a fundraiser for unsuccessful Republican mayoral candidate Dan Moreland. Also shown is executive committee member Dorothy Isaac.
State officials say the local party should handle the situation before state officials get involved.
Party bylaws say a committee member can be removed by two-thirds vote if the member supported non-Democrats in partisan elections. Bylaws say no one can run as a Democrat who has supported non-Democrats within the previous four years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal