Party official wants Dems disciplined for attending GOP event
by Associated Press
Published: June 10,2013
STARKVILLE — A member of the Oktibbeha County Democratic Executive Committee wants party members disciplined for attending a Republican fundraiser.
Committee member Patti Drapala wants county Chairman Chris Taylor to convene a meeting to discuss the issue, reports The Commercial Dispatch. (http://bit.ly/13tNMiT)
Pictures show Roy A. Perkins, Henry Vaughn and Lisa Wynn, all Democrats who recently won Starkville alderman seats, attended a fundraiser for unsuccessful Republican mayoral candidate Dan Moreland. Also shown is executive committee member Dorothy Isaac.
State officials say the local party should handle the situation before state officials get involved.
Party bylaws say a committee member can be removed by two-thirds vote if the member supported non-Democrats in partisan elections. Bylaws say no one can run as a Democrat who has supported non-Democrats within the previous four years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Ex-Democrat Taylor cleared to run in primary as Republican
- Rankin chosen as new president of Alcorn State