Governor, MDA leading mission trips to Brazil, Chile
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 11,2013
JACKSON — Gov. Phil Bryant and representatives from the Mississippi Development Authority will lead a delegation of Mississippi companies on a business development mission to São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, from Sept. 9-13.
MDA will also host a preceding business development mission to Chile from Sept. 5-7.
The trips are designed to connect Mississippi companies that want to expand trade and create new business relationships with opportunities in the three South American markets.
Bryant said. “As we look ahead, numerous additional opportunities await for businesses considering exporting to Brazil. The country is hosting the 2016 Summer Olympics and the 2014 FIFA World Cup, and these two events alone will require extensive infrastructure development, which is creating notable export opportunities for U.S. businesses.”
Qualified participating small businesses are offered financial incentives through the U.S. Small Business Administration-funded Mississippi State Trade Export Promotion (STEP) program to help offset certain costs related to the trip. The STEP program reimburses eligible businesses up to 50 percent of their travel costs, including airfare and lodging, and provides translation services at no cost. Additional services include scheduled appointments with prospective, qualified buyers, local transportation assistance and a customized itinerary.
Space is limited and offered on a first-come, first-served basis, and early registration is recommended. The deadline to register is June 28. For more information or to obtain a registration form, please contact John Mark Skinner at (601) 359-9406 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested parties can also visit www.mississippi.org to learn more about the agency’s international marketing services and events or to request a consultation with an international trade specialist.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones