Hood: Google seems to be yanking drug how-to videos
by Associated Press
Published: June 11,2013
JACKSON — Attorney General Jim Hood says Google appears to be removing online videos that give instructions on how to buy drugs without a prescription.
Hood threatened legal action against Google last week, saying the Internet giant wasn’t doing enough to stop sales without prescriptions and was even profiting by selling ads next to the YouTube videos.
Google didn’t respond when asked whether it had removed material because of Hood’s call. The company says it has talked to Hood about when and why it removes content.
Hood says he still plans a panel at a meeting of attorneys general next week in Boston focusing on Google’s behavior. He also says he’s sent a letter instructing the Mountain View, Calif., company to preserve evidence of videos or search results that it removes.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Hood: Google seems to be yanking drug how-to videos”
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue