Power back on along Casino Strip after weekend storm
Published: June 11,2013
TUNICA — Power is back on in Tunica after a Sunday storm blew down power poles along Casino Strip Resort Boulevard.
Nearly 30 poles snapped along the thoroughfare, WATN-TV reports.
Three of the county’s nine casinos lost power and operated for a time on generators. Some homes also lost power.
Monday, power crews were busy putting up new poles and cleaning up the damage.
Power lines, glass, shards of metal and wood from the broken poles were scattered across the road. The sheriff’s department shut down a portion of the street and deputies were re-routing traffic.
There were no injuries and no business closures because of the damage.
About 60 Entergy Mississippi workers responded to clean up.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life