Power back on along Casino Strip after weekend storm
Published: June 11,2013
TUNICA — Power is back on in Tunica after a Sunday storm blew down power poles along Casino Strip Resort Boulevard.
Nearly 30 poles snapped along the thoroughfare, WATN-TV reports.
Three of the county’s nine casinos lost power and operated for a time on generators. Some homes also lost power.
Monday, power crews were busy putting up new poles and cleaning up the damage.
Power lines, glass, shards of metal and wood from the broken poles were scattered across the road. The sheriff’s department shut down a portion of the street and deputies were re-routing traffic.
There were no injuries and no business closures because of the damage.
About 60 Entergy Mississippi workers responded to clean up.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions